Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Customer choose to ignore out of stock items?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Customer choose to ignore out of stock items?

I'm considering turing on the Waiting list Feature - but that will always display ALL out of stock items.

Due to the nature of my business I usually only have 1 of an item in at a time and do sometimes get it in again, but it may be days, weeks or months. (I purchased inventory from out of business craft stores - so I never know what I'll have from day -to-day).

However - I think this feature would really help increase sales in the long run

But- in my cross stitch category I only have 2,900 in stock items out of a total number of over 9000 items! That means that only 33% of the items the customer views will be in stock.

So - if they aren't interested in paging through item after item after item of things that aren't instock - I would like to have the ability for them to delete those from the search criteria.

Ideas?
    C Ekman
    Owner/Designer: Cobweb Corner
    http://www.cobwebcorner.com

I'd like the same feature--search by availability

Comment

rrw - did you see it in the Settings area? It's there - but I don't actually see it used when you search my manufacturer. Is that your experience also?

For this question tough - I just would them to keep all same sorting but be able to say - "Don't include Out of Stock Items in my Search" - like a check box next to the order by or something.

An ADVANCED SEARCH screen would really be nice so customers could be creative in their searches.
      C Ekman
      Owner/Designer: Cobweb Corner
      http://www.cobwebcorner.com

Comment

I saw that in your other post, but I don't really use the "browse by manufacturer"--all of my items are essentially from the same one. I would like to see just a general setting, "show me what is in stock" per category, or something like that.

Comment

Working...
        X