error code 55

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• error code 55

Was checking pages stats today and had quit a few of these. Does anyone know what "/error.asp?error=55" is?

Thanks,
    mondo

"The verification word is incorrect."

Comment

Thanks for the info!
      Been doing some testing with that purposely entering the wrong code. and playing with removing it on the contact page. Strange that so far I can remove the phone requirement easily but the verification code is fighting me.

FYI:
      On the contact us page if you fill in everything and enter the wrong code in FF you go to the the error page correctly but if you hit go back the form locks up and you can't resubmit unless you first refresh. It does not occur on the account page.

Comment

I haven't done any looking into this myself, but there are a couple long threads on the validation code, and people trying to remove it. From what I remembered they implemented it as a requirement to become PCI compliant and you cannot get rid of it.

Comment

Yes, I read a thread or two on this.

For the account page it's understandable and I agree because a bot could theoretically get in to someones account info even though I don't believe (still new here) CC info is stored.
          It's not necessary for a contact us page and not used in checkout. The verify on contact us is only to stop bots (spammers) from E-mailing us.
          I could wipe the form and put our own in but would lose the CRM function which seems pretty handy though I've seen other 3dcarts that have.

Comment

Where are you seeing these errors?
            Do you have a log that shows these?
            Would like to know.
            Thanks,

Mark

Comment

store stats, pages visited

Comment

I started seeing a few error messages as well.
                However, they are listed but number.

I found under SETTINGS>DESIGN>SYSTEM MESSAGES the numbered list of message.asp?msg=XX

Hope this helps

Comment

Thank again

Comment

FYI:
                    On the contact us page if you fill in everything and enter the wrong code in FF you go to the the error page correctly but if you hit go back the form locks up and you can't resubmit unless you first refresh. It does not occur on the account page.
                    Fixed! The support here is excellent.
                    If you had put up with the support on our other site for the last year plus you'd know how lucky we are here.

Comment

Working...
                    X