Big 3dcart Thank You!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big 3dcart Thank You!

I just wanted to publicly thank all the people at 3dcart for their help in setting up my web store. From the people on the design team who did a great job on the design, to all the people who answered my technical support tickets, everybody has been great. Thanks again for all the hard work. (And a special thank you to Jimmy, who went above and beyond the call of duty to get something running this past weekend.) It's been a pleasure working with each and every one of you!
    www.stsi.com
    Network Infrastructure and Fiber Optics (AMP/Tyco, APC, Belden, Corning, Hubbell, Leviton, Ortronics, Panduit), Audio, Computer, and Video Cables, and much more!

well, come on... out with it. Let's see your store! :)
    www.KarensCookies.net
    Cookie Decorating Simplified

Comment

I wasn't trying to draw attention to my store with my first post, so I intentionally didn't add a link. However, since you asked, the new 3dcart store is at http://store.stsi.com. I intend to trickle some traffic in this week, to make sure everything works properly, and then gradually move most (or all) of the traffic over. The old store (Yahoo based) is at http://www.stsi.com.
      www.stsi.com
      Network Infrastructure and Fiber Optics (AMP/Tyco, APC, Belden, Corning, Hubbell, Leviton, Ortronics, Panduit), Audio, Computer, and Video Cables, and much more!

Comment

Like the new one much better!

I agree, the 3d folks are great! :)

Comment

Looking good. Best of luck with your site.
          www.KarensCookies.net

Comment

On behalf of everyone here.

You're welcome!

:)

Store looks great!

Comment

It might be of some interest to potential 3dcart customers to know why I chose 3dcart, especially since I had never heard of them before.

I have used Miva Merchant 3 and 4, X-Cart, Marketworks, ProStores, Yahoo, etc. There were things I liked and disliked about each and every one, but I was always searching for the "perfect" store. Overall, I found that Yahoo provided the best mix for what I wanted to do. They were reliable, reasonably priced, and technical support was top-notch. The biggest drawback was RTML. (Yahoo's proprietary markup language.) RTML prevented me from easily making the store look like I wanted to. Even simple changes were excruciatingly complex. There had to be a better way. So, I started searching again.

I demoed several stores that I had never heard of before, and actually settled on one. I worked on it for a couple of weeks, and had the store looking good, but occasionally I would hit problems. For example, something wasn't quite right with the design, but there was no way to change it. (Worse yet, it didn't sound like there was any real interest in changing it.) I got disillusioned pretty quickly. So, I went back to searching, and found 3dcart.

Believe it or not, I was sold when I saw the 3dcart store manager. (The admin interface.) It was different than anything else I had seen, and it didn't require me to scroll horizontally. And there were lots and lots of options already built in. And it appeared as if EVERYTHING was customizable. (If I could find it.) After going through the entire interface, I thought if 3dcart could make the store manager look like this, they could make my store look (and work) the way I wanted it to. I browsed through these forums, and saw that there were a number of 3dcart employees who were cheerfully answering questions. (And there really weren't a lot of complaints about lack of features, reliability, technical support, etc.) So, I decided to give 3dcart a try.

I guess since my 3dcart store is up, you know how the story ends, but I think potential customers should know how flexible the 3dcart store platform really is, and how dedicated and helpful the 3dcart staff has been. Quite simply, 3dcart is the best I've seen.
              Last edited by jimmy3dcart; 10-02-2018, 02:36 PM.
              www.stsi.com

Comment

Originally posted by Craig60 View Post
                I browsed through these forums, and saw that there were a number of 3dcart employees who were cheerfully answering questions. (And there really weren't a lot of complaints about lack of features, reliability, technical support, etc.) So, I decided to give 3dcart a try.
                You know, having the open forum says a LOT about 3DCart. Sure there are complaints, but the fact that they're willing to be so transparent speaks a lot to how they feel about their product. It's one thing that definitely drew me into 3DCart as well.
                www.KarensCookies.net

Comment

We've been with 3dcart for four years (or nearly that). We have had our issues and we have also had our accolades. I think the forum is one of the greatest assets 3dcart has above the rest. The forum community works as a "team" to identify issues, offer solutions, share findings, share workarounds or unexplored features, explore different ways of doing things, identify hidden goodies, and really brainstorm together as a team to show the true potential of the application. I spend a considerable amount of time on these forums and share when I can and learn where I can. It's a give/take and has proved to be beneficial to our ecommerce venue(s). Each year our gross revenue has qaudrupled, due to SEO, exposure and tenure, and we hope to see 7 figure sales revenue in 2011. :D

Comment

I agree with both of the previous posts. There doesn't appear to be a concerted effort to gloss over or otherwise cover up any problems people might be having. Rather, there is a civil discussion about the issues and possible workarounds if a permanent solution can't be found. And it is REALLY nice to see the 3dcart people participating in these discussions and obviously taking them into consideration for future versions of 3dcart. (Without necessarily being asked to...) We've also had a few issues, but overall, the experience from the customer side has been really good.
                    www.stsi.com

Comment

Working...
                    X