Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm probably just a moron, but....

Hi all,

I'm in the last stages of getting my initial cart set up and running, but have a question about email....

Is there any way to change the email address from "tab734@tablesk.....com" (which it shows now) to something like "sales@tablesk....com"?

I have no idea what "tab734" is and would prefer if our email address did not have that as the sending address.

Like I said, I'm probably just a moron, but can't seem to figure out how to change the "username" when setting up our 3D cart email.

Thank you in advance to anyone who can help!
    -James

The weird looking email is your "admin" account. You can keep that one and use it for managing all your email accounts. It has an odd username/password on purpose so that some hacker doesnt just figure out that [email protected] is your login for the email :).

Follow this tutorial to create a new email, [email protected] (or whatever you wish), you can have as many email accounts, you can also setup forwarding accounts which are basically aliases so that emails to [email protected] go to your @gmail or whatever email address you have.

Link to tutorial:

http://support.3dcart.com/index.php?...temid=62&nav=0
    ----------------------------
    Gonzalo Gil
    3dCart Support
    800-828-6650 x111

Comment

Once you create your [email protected] or whatever you wish, go back to your store, and update your email there on Settings->General->Merchant information.

You can also program the top button on the admin that says "EMAIL" to automatically log you into your email. When you click it the first time it takes you to a page to configure it. If you already configured it, it will automatically log you in, while its logging you in, it gives you a link to click to and change the information should you change the login/pass of your account.
      Gonzalo Gil
      3dCart Support
      800-828-6650 x111

Comment

Thank you!

Thank you so much! I really appreciate your quick and thoughtful responses!
        Thank you again,
        -James

Comment

Any ideas on how to create an email that wont be SPAM filtered? We have many customers that don't recieve our emails because they appear like SPAM

Comment

Any ideas on how to create an email that wont be SPAM filtered? We have many customers that don't recieve our emails because they appear like SPAM
            There is no such tool that is going to make your email be smarter than spam filters. If your email is being categorized as spam is more likely because of:

1) Rules on the receiving mail server being too harsh. (i've seen some that the word "offer" tags the email as spam and other words that should not be used for spam protection)

2) The content of the email. Ie. just sending a picture, or an attachment that the receiver mail server can not understand.

In both cases however the receiver should be able to add you to their whitelist to prevent their mail server from filtering your email. The filtering part is not done on our end, we don't decide if your email is spam or not, its the server that you send to that decides this.
            Gonzalo Gil
            3dCart Support
            800-828-6650 x111

Comment

We have a lot of customers that report they never received any emails :(
              Our emails come from "[email protected]" and we tried switch long ago to "[email protected]" but still many issues. Do you think that because we use the html/text email option may be the issue? Should we just use the text emails? Do you think that the html emails that contain our "logo" and "links" may be the issue?
              Thanks! :)

Comment

There could be a number of things.
                You could add a message on your "thank you" page, please add

"[email protected]" to your whitelist to make sure you receive correspondence from us" I see this on the largest websites, so its an issue just for you.

To get to the bottom of it, you would need to know *WHY* they didn't get it, and unfortunately, unless the email bounces back to you with a reason, the only way to get to the bottom of it is to ask their mail server provider why they didn't get it. Its like when you send a letter in an envelope. If you get it back with the reason why it didn't make it to the destination, you have something to go from, if the post office sets it on fire and you never get it back, you really have no way to know, unless you call them and have them track it down and find out why it was set on fire :).
                Gonzalo Gil
                3dCart Support
                800-828-6650 x111

Comment

Email tutorial link not working

Hi Gonzalo,

Would you be able to update the link with the email tutorial? I would like to be able to learn more about the email settings but the link is broken. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                  X