Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help--Windows 7 Users!

Hi All,

Anyone out there running the new Windows 7 and MSIE who could just take a quick look at my site and tell me if you experience any errors or problems when clicking on the "view details" links in categories listings? I have a customer who is reporting this problem (though she wasn't able to tell me what exactly the error is) and says she cannot view any product pages. I still have only XP and use Firefox, and I can't duplicate the problem.

My site is: http://www.woodspriteorganicbody.com

Thanks in advance!

UPDATE: The customer tells me she is receiving a "yellow triangle" error, in the left bottom corner of her browser, so this sounds like an MSIE issue to me. Anyone else seeing this or has anyone out there had reports of this error with your cart?

ANOTHER UPDATE: Okay, I am narrowing it down to an "Error on Page" problem with MSIE. It looks like when on a category page, the "View Details" button below each product brings up an "Expected Object" error and MSIE will not follow the link to the product. Oddly, the product thumbnail above "View Details" does take you to the product page. I am testing this out on MSIE 6.0.
    Last edited by WoodSprite; 12-12-2009, 11:43 AM.

Seems fine with Windows 7 and Chrome

Comment

I looked at your site before and was getting those errors (i think in firefox?) but now I dont get an error. I think that box is the add to cart link but your text says view details. The link is a add to cart link too.
      It was throwing a javascript error so thats what they are seeing. perhaps if you change the link from a add to cart link to the product link.

Doug

Comment

Thanks, Paul and Doug, for looking.

Originally posted by dmoore View Post
        I think that box is the add to cart link but your text says view details. The link is a add to cart link too.
        It was throwing a javascript error so thats what they are seeing. perhaps if you change the link from a add to cart link to the product link.

Doug
        Doug, can you possibly explain how to do this? I thought I had actually been using the correct link (that I found here on the forums) after reading about a problem with losing too many carts to the immediate "Add to Cart" link, and instead, changed the script to take the customer to the Product detail page first so that they could view the information before adding to cart.

I have put in a ticket to support but haven't yet heard back from them.

Comment

Working...
        X