Gmail hosting and 3dcart newsletters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gmail hosting and 3dcart newsletters

I am considering switching e-mail over to gmail hosting and was wondering if anyone knows if I will still be able to use the built in 3dcart newsletter manager or will changing over cause problems?
    Nathan
    www.YourCableStore.com

I am assuming you're referring to Google Apps, which we switched over to a couple of months ago--and so glad we did! It's been great. Because you're merely having your mail handled by Google, it doesn't interfere with your ability to send newsletters from within the 3DCart admin. We send out a couple of newsletters each month and have had absolutely no problems. :)

Comment

Thanks. I was referring to goggle apps.

Does anyone know if hosting e-mail on goggle apps will improve delivery rates / result in less mail marked as spam? (not necessarily for newsletter but in general)
      Nathan
      www.YourCableStore.com

Comment

Yes, I think it's helped us a great deal. Especially since we were using Gmail for IMAP on Gmail servers before but had to contend with the "sent on behalf of" issue that was supposed to have been resolved, but the resolution didn't work for us. Now, all of our mail is sent without any issues and we get the fantastic Google filtering to boot. I just wish we had moved all of our mail handling to Google Apps a long time ago.

Comment

Gmail for business

We are new to 3dcart, but we have been using Gmail for business with our old cart in conjunction with Thunderbird as a mail client. We still utilized the cart's mail servers to send send shipping notifications, "contact us", etc direct from the cart's admin.

We have Gmail set up in Imap, so we can keep the email in sync between all our PCs, and mobile devices. The spam filtering is good, and any issues of blocked DNS by AOL, etal, preventing mail from going through, seems to have been long resolved. One of the nice features of Thunderbird with Gmail is all the messages can be archived on Gmail's servers and then quickly retrieved using Thunderbird's search feature.

For example yesterday I remembered a promise to a customer to send a repair part. I couldn't remember the customer, but a search for the repair part name in the Thunderbird search box quickly retrieved the email.

We also use Google Voice instead of an 800 number. We place a link in the footer of every page. We have found the quality of our calls improved and Google Voice is free. It has numerous features that prove invaluable.

Comment

Hi WoodSprite,

How did you change your MX record on your domain to point to Google Apps? Did you have to go through 3dcart support? I'm in the process of trying to set this up myself. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by OberonSocks View Post
              Hi WoodSprite,

How did you change your MX record on your domain to point to Google Apps? Did you have to go through 3dcart support? I'm in the process of trying to set this up myself. Thanks!
              Yes, you will need to submit a ticket or contact support and they will be able to set it up for you. They set mine up very quickly, and we were up and running within a few hours.

Comment

LOVE Google apps for domain. Have it linked to my blackberry and works flawlessly.

Comment

Working...
                X