Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Google Base / Merchant Center product issues.....please help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Base / Merchant Center product issues.....please help!

I am having some problems with my Google Base product feed, and was hoping someone in here could offer some assistance with it. I recently added a lot of new products to my site, and generated the feed for Google. The confirmation message I received from Google was:

91 of 103 items inserted
    Uploaded at: December 30, 2009 9:49:48 AM CST Processed at: December 30, 2009 9:51:11 AM CST

However, only 1 product shows up as available on Google, and the link associated with that product doesn't even take you to the correct page on my website.

The settings I currently have for both 3d Cart and Google Base regarding the feed are attached.

Please offer any assistance that you can. I am currently only using Google Base for my products so it is very important that I get this working correctly.

Thank you so much!
    Attached Files

Are you by chance using the Google feed builder from

Marketing->Shopping Engines->Google?

I noticed from your screenshots that the field data is a bit different from what the software comes with, and so, perhaps that's why Google is not liking the feed.

For example, you are sending categories, instead of top_category, which Google would expect (they don't like 1 item being on multiple categories, so the top_category field only sends the first one.

Also you have additional fields you are sending like meta tags.

If you are not using the feed creator, please try that first, if you are, let me know if you did those changes...as i think that's what's causing the problem with the import.
    ----------------------------
    Gonzalo Gil
    3dCart Support
    800-828-6650 x111

Comment

Hi, Thank you for your quick reply.

Yes, I am using the feed builder, but it seems like there are fields listed there which are incorrect. Is there any way to change my feed settings back to the original ones that you referenced in your reply? Or do you have a template I could copy to my own store settings?

Also, did you notice any errors in my Google snapshot?

Thank you for your help!

Comment

I am going to have a technician review this for you and set it back to the original settings, that's the best way to start as the default settings should work.

Can you please send me a PM with your store URL, or email me at gil @ 3dcart.com, so I can have a technician assist you with this?

The expiration date warning might be the issue as well, I believe the default is 30 days, but, lets go ahead and set it back to default first then run a test and go from there.
        ----------------------------
        Gonzalo Gil
        3dCart Support
        800-828-6650 x111

Comment

Working...
        X