iPhone - Online Store App

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iPhone - Online Store App

I am curious about making my online shop into an iPhone / iTouch app where, when a customer has a WiFi connection, they can use our app to purchase the same items as our online shop.

Would I need 3D Cart for this? Or would the overall order & shopping cart be coded into the app?

Cheers mates.

You could code everything into the app if you wanted to, in theory, but this is a HUGE undertaking. We're talking probably $50,000 in development costs. Not for the faint of heart.

Comment

There is an IPHONE front end and admin web app in the works, but will probably not be available until v3.3 sometime around June/July
      ----------------------------
      Gonzalo Gil
      3dCart Support
      800-828-6650 x111

Comment

Awesome! (padding for message length)

Comment

SWEET! This would be awesome, I hope it happens!! Very excited!
          (¯`v´¯)
          `*.¸.*´

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
          (¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•
          * P£†®ª *

Shadow Trailers
          www.TrailerandTruckParts.com
          www.Trailer-Wheels.com
          www.iTrailerParts.com

Comment

Gonzalo, would you like to drop some hints about the new version coming out soon? Anything interesting going on?

Comment

Originally posted by GonzaloGil View Post
              There is an IPHONE front end and admin web app in the works, but will probably not be available until v3.3 sometime around June/July
              Any more info? Would like to hear more..

Cheers for the feedback.

Comment

Very nice indeed, would it also be possible to use the iPhone with Livechat as an operator?

Comment

That would mean June or July of 2011 or 2012 right? LOL jk.

Comment

Originally posted by Rungreen View Post
                    Gonzalo, would you like to drop some hints about the new version coming out soon? Anything interesting going on?
                    Psssst.

I tried out the integrated blog yesterday and its looking fantastic.

But you didn't hear that from me.

Comment

So...I probably SHOULDN'T try doing this independently, and just wait??

Comment

Well you might spend tens of thousands of dollars developing an app that ends up having less functionality than the free one that will be released in a matter of months, because you won't have as much system access as they do. But if you feel like it, go for it :)

Comment

I mean the blog!

Comment

Ohhh :)
                            Well doing your own blog on a separate site like tumblr is pretty easy. If this is something you want to start doing in the next few weeks, I'd just go for it, and then when the 3DCart version comes out just transfer your posts over if it makes your life easier.

Comment

Originally posted by GonzaloGil View Post

THAT WOULD BE AMAZING!!!!!!:D :D :D :D

Comment

Working...
                              X