Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shipping to Out of Country (additional fees)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shipping to Out of Country (additional fees)

We have run into an issue with Fedex not collecting Duties/Taxes on Canadian Shipments and the charge for duties coming back to us. Does anybody know of a way to add an additional charge for a seperate country without effecting US shipping charges?

Shaun

What do you mean "coming back to us"? Why are they coming back?
    I don't know if there is a way to do that, but my advice would be to not use fedex for international shipping. Use USPS Priority or Express. It is almost always cheaper, it is trackable and reliable in my experience, and customs fees are built in.

Comment

Unfortunately with International shipping it still comes up with all of the shipping options in "view cart" and "checkout" so there is no real way to restrict the service that they choose aside from a notation in the "cart" or "checkout".

(Coming back to us) Meaning we get an invoice from Fedex stating (Duties Unpaid by Customer). Basically what happens is Fedex sends a bill to the customer and if the customer does not pay, it gets kicked back to us. Now, a long time ago this issue never happened because duties were required upon delivery, (which I believe UPS and USPS still do) and would be ideal across the board. Unfortunately as we all know... It is not quite a perfect shipping world.

Note: We fill out the and complete the proper customs paperwork for all international orders.

Maybe there could be a way to tag/switch when a International Country or Postal Code is entered automatically giving international shipping options and rates nulifying the "customer selection" issue.

Any thoughts on that idea?

Comment

You can set what shipping methods are available to specific countries. For example, add FedEx International with ALL Countries. Once you add it, click on the 'exclude list' and exclude the USA, then it will not be visible to customers who check out with USA addresses.

Comment

Thats EXACTLY what I needed for an answer. Sometimes its the most obvious solution. Durr....

Thanks for your help!

Comment

If the delivery address is in the USA, FedEx International will not show as an available option. This is true of all the International shipping methods. They automatically exclude the USA because the rate servers from FedEx and UPS are programmed to offer shipping options according to addresses. This has been our experience.
            Luxlife

Comment

Have you tried to put Canada on the excluded list for FedEx?
              Have a magical day,
              Jennifer
              www.yourwdwstore.com

Comment

We use FEDEX for international shipments (unfortunately our product is usually pretty heavy and large, USPS is way to unreliable and tracking is a pain). But one suggestion would be to get your customer's Fedex account number (if they have one) and bill the fees to that account. We're still tackeling International and trying to perfect it. Wish 3dcart would be more International friendly, maybe some time in the near future?
                (¯`v´¯)
                `*.¸.*´

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
                (¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•
                * P£†®ª *

Shadow Trailers
                www.TrailerandTruckParts.com
                www.Trailer-Wheels.com
                www.iTrailerParts.com

Comment

Working...
                X