Shipping Method Sort Order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shipping Method Sort Order

I left a message in July regarding this issue and never received a respose. Hopefully someone has a solution now.

Is there a way to set the display order of the custom shipping methods rather than the least expensive at top?

OR

Is there a way to set the DEFAULT method so it is not the least expensive method?

No you can not, you can choose which methods to show first (fedex, ups, usps, etc), but within those carriers, the shipping options are sorted by price. This is hard coded so no way to change it on the code.

You may submit a thread on the new feature request forum if you like to see this added, and if we get enough requests we will add it on future releases.
    ----------------------------
    Gonzalo Gil
    3dCart Support
    800-828-6650 x111

Comment

Shipping Method Sort Order

Thank you Gonzalo.

At least I can stop looking for it. I will add it to the new feature threads.

This is rather hard on those of us that have stores that allow clients to pick up rather than ship.

If I add the Pick Up option so there is no cost for shipping, it is selected by default. I can't tell you how often people who are not picking up do not select the Regular Shipping so that shipping is charged correctly. If they do not select Regular Shipping, we either forgo the shipping or have to call the customer and up-charge their credit card.

If I do not add the Pick Up option, then every order has shipping charged and we have to refund the shipping. Worse than the refund of course, is the fact that we get charged more fees from the credit card processors because the total amount charged to the client is greater because the shipping fee is added. We can't deduct that fee from the refund of shipping we return to the client because it's not their fault. Either way, it is not very convenient.

Comment

you might be able to add javascirpt to run onLoad that changes the drop down to the next shipping item. use it in a try catch.
        put it in your template for that page.
        if you cant add it to onLoad then have it inline after the form closes.

Doug

Comment

Originally posted by dmoore View Post
          you might be able to add javascirpt to run onLoad that changes the drop down to the next shipping item. use it in a try catch.
          put it in your template for that page.
          if you cant add it to onLoad then have it inline after the form closes.

Doug
          For those of us that aren't programmers, if you figured out a script that works to manually sort the order of the shipping options, please post it here and describe where to insert it. That would be excellent to get this issue fixed. Perhaps 3dcart would implement it as an configuration option.

Comment

Originally posted by GonzaloGil View Post
            No you can not, you can choose which methods to show first (fedex, ups, usps, etc), but within those carriers, the shipping options are sorted by price. This is hard coded so no way to change it on the code.

You may submit a thread on the new feature request forum if you like to see this added, and if we get enough requests we will add it on future releases.
            It would appear the rates are actually not sorted by price. No matter what I do, UPS always appears on top, regardless of shipping cost:

http://galaxyairsoft.com/ship-rates.gif

There needs to be away to change the sort order.

Comment

It's sorted by price WITHIN each carrier. So UPS is always first, then it's lowest to highest within the UPS category. Then the next carrier is listed, lowest to highest for that carrier. Etc, etc. As GonzaloGil stated in the previous post, the order of the actual carriers is hard coded and cannot be changed.

Comment

Oh, I see. I misread his reply. Wish we could sort by carrier.

Comment

You can sort by carrier.
                  settings/shipping/shipping settings. the bottom section allows you to alter the sort order.

Comment

Originally posted by mondo View Post
                    You can sort by carrier.
                    settings/shipping/shipping settings. the bottom section allows you to alter the sort order.
                    Great! Never noticed that! :)

Comment

You can sort by carrier.
                      Boy, I feel stupid. I didnt see it either. Thats exactly what I was looking for. Thank you.

Comment

You can sort by carrier.
                        Hi Mondo long time no see.
                        I didn't need this but
                        THANKS I'm sure others that read this will appreciate your reply.
                        Clayton
                        Go Live Industries

Comment

Haven't had any complaints lately.
                          Thanks, glad to help when I can.

Comment

Working...
                          X