Stone Edge or Mail Order Manager

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stone Edge or Mail Order Manager

Anyone using the integration. How does it work? Which did you choose? Do you use it for retail sales like a point of sale system?
    Suki
    www.thetinbin.com

We use Stone Edge. Integration with 3dcart works great, though we do NOT sync inventory.

We also use Stone Edge at POS and it works very well. It is a little heavy on mouse clicks which is annoying on a high volume day (we have days where we run 200-300 tickets), but it is very efficient overall for us.

If you have specific questions about SEOM, I would be glad to report my opinions and experiences.

DaveW

Comment

We have used SEOM for a few years, and love it! We do sync inventory, however, we do not have a POS system--strictly online. Especially love the ability to automatically generate purchase orders for various vendors and receive inventory shipments with easy web site update of new quantities.

Comment

Thanks to both of you for responding. I guess my #1 question would be - and I guess I need to ask Stone Edge - is can you use the system on a computer at a remote location. In other words, if I wanted to work from home, can I access the information if it is on some sort of server, and if so, how do I set up that server? Do I need someone to host the data? We have the desktop at the store, but my sister and I are both getting laptops that we hope to use as other stations during a busy time, or in the shipping room receiving PO's, or at home in our pajamas pulling up a sales report or creating a purchase order. Is that possible?
        Suki
        www.thetinbin.com

Comment

We do that through a Remote Desktop/Terminal Services session, but we have a dedicated server for SE. You could do a similiar thing with LogMeIn or some other remote software, but you would have to have a workstation dedicated to that task at the "office"

If MOM Is cloud/web based, it might be better for your needs.

DaveW

Comment

We do the same as DaveW--we have one computer set up with SEOM and connect to it via gotomypc.com whenever we need to. We do not have a server, just a dedicated computer just for the SEOM.

Comment

We do the same thing - we use GotoMyPC. I actually just responded to another topic on stone edge..You can read it here:

http://forums.3dcart.com/plugins-3rd...discounts.html

Comment

Working...
              X