No announcement yet.

A Couple "Checkout" Page Questions.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Couple "Checkout" Page Questions.....

I am having a few issues with my checkout page, which I think might be deterring people from checking out.

1- Taxes are automatically included in the order total from the beginning. The only time they clear out is after the customer enters in their address. My taxes are based on my state (Illinois), but they should not appear in the order total unless the shipping state/zip entered is Illinois.

2- The payment method does not appear until after the customer enters in all of their information. I only use 1 payment method: credit cards. Once the customer reached the checkout page, there is a text sting reading "There's no payment options available to your address. Please check the entered address and try again." Shouldn't the credit card field be present from the beginning, especially since it is my only payment method?

Any help/suggestions would be more than appreciated!

Thanks everyone.

Joe

We have the same issue. And, the shipping methods wont display, either. I'm not sure it used to be this way. I assume the system is waiting on the "Country" input, but, we only ship to the USA. And, we ONLY accept credit cards and we ONLY accept credit cards from United States.
    Wish it wasn't this way. It is backwards from all other online carts.
    www.concession-supply.com

Comment

Originally posted by Chef_Joe View Post
      1- Taxes are automatically included in the order total from the beginning. The only time they clear out is after the customer enters in their address. My taxes are based on my state (Illinois), but they should not appear in the order total unless the shipping state/zip entered is Illinois.
      More than likely you are already logged in to your account. Any visitor that hasn't entered an address or logged in to their account will see $0 for taxes.

Originally posted by Chef_Joe View Post
      2- The payment method does not appear until after the customer enters in all of their information. I only use 1 payment method: credit cards. Once the customer reached the checkout page, there is a text sting reading "There's no payment options available to your address. Please check the entered address and try again." Shouldn't the credit card field be present from the beginning, especially since it is my only payment method?
      This happens when you don't have any payment methods that apply to "ALL", these are the only options displayed by default. Any payment or shipping methods with a specific country assigned to it will only display once the address has been entered. In this particular case, if you only have the US enabled as a shipping country, then there is no problem to change the payment method to apply to ALL countries instead of just US, other countries aren't an option for customers and payment methods will display automatically when entering checkout.

Comment

We had an issue doing what you described. It allowed credit card billing information to be foreign country but shipping only to US. Would that still be an issue?
        Thanks! :)

Comment

Okay, great. Thank you for your responses.

The "tax" item is taken care of, and no longer shows up automatically in the checkout process.

The "payment method" is still an issue though. It automatically says there are no payment options available. This changes to the correct credit card from once the customer types in their billing/shipping address.

However, since this is my only payment option, I think it should be present from the beginning.

I think it might confuse people, and they then leave the checkout process.

Please offer any suggestions. Thanks!

Comment

The software lets you specify different payment methods based on state/country, this allows you for example to not accept paypal for offshore transactions, or accept COD only for specific states, etc.

If you only have 1 payment method, what you want to do is add it as "Country:ALL, State ALL" this means it will show up to everyone and will not need to wait to see where the customer is from before it shows itself.
            ----------------------------
            Gonzalo Gil
            3dCart Support
            800-828-6650 x111

Comment

Perfect. Thank you Gil.

For anyone's future reference.....

I had to delete my previous payment method in order to change the availability from "United States" to "ALL". Once you re-enter the new information you can make the country change.

Comment

we cannot use this option as we do not accept credit cards outside of US addresses. This wouldn't work for us, would it?
                Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by concession-supply.com View Post
                  we cannot use this option as we do not accept credit cards outside of US addresses. This wouldn't work for us, would it?
                  Thanks!
                  Do you allow shipping to outside the US? If not, then you can disable the shipping countries which will also disable the billing countries.

If you do allow shipping outside of the US, but do not accept cards outside of the US, then you need this feature, and so unfortunately the system has to see what country/state is chosen to show the option that is allowed for them.
                  ----------------------------
                  Gonzalo Gil
                  3dCart Support
                  800-828-6650 x111

Comment

We do not accept credit cards outside US billing address and we do not ship outside the US. We thought that since the billing and shipping addresses are different input fields that this wouldn't work for us. We will try your option.
                    Thanks in advance. :)

Comment

Working...
                    X