Additional Pages - Who, What & Where

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Additional Pages - Who, What & Where

Ok, there are some days where I am just not able to comprehend simple things, today may be one of them (the last month too...). I have severl (dozen) questions, but I'll start with this one...

How does one "add" a new page... html file, to a 3dcart website? The coding portion is not the problem, but "where" do they physically go?... and how to get them there?

i.e., I have added some menu choices in my left-hand colum area... One is a link to a page that is, essentially, a product information page. Anyway, the site coding is not a problem, it's simply (I guess) the pathway to where I need to put the file / page itself ??

I hope I am asking the right thing...in the right way.

Thanks

John

SETTINGS>DESIGN>SITE CONTENT is where you can add new pages, i believe

Comment

Correct, you want to create it from the back end.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
        SETTINGS>DESIGN>SITE CONTENT is where you can add new pages, i believe
        Thank you... I was under the impression those were "only" for the upper and lower menu bars, but I will look at how to get it to list in the lefthand colum, but display as a "new page" or some such.

I'll be searching. <G>

Thanks

Comment

You can add a new page that appears as a top menu item, or, you can add a page that is on the bottom menu. Additionally, you can hide the links. That way you can have a new page and link to it with an href
          We have tons of pages added this way.
          once you create you new page, click the dynamic link to it to view the page and also to get the link fot it. There should be a clickable link to you page at the top of the config page.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
            You can add a new page that appears as a top menu item, or, you can add a page that is on the bottom menu. Additionally, you can hide the links. That way you can have a new page and link to it with an href
            We have tons of pages added this way.
            once you create you new page, click the dynamic link to it to view the page and also to get the link fot it. There should be a clickable link to you page at the top of the config page.
            Ok... I "think" I understand...

I create the page, mark "hide it". Then I can right-click on the dynamic link to get the actual path and use that as the href target / source that I put in any other file...?

Comment

We probably have 40 to 50 "Extra Pages". Some are linked from the top menu, bottom menu, within product descriptions, the side bars, etc. Also, we have pages that list many "other pages" For example, our tutorial videos page has several links to other pages we've added:
              http://www.concession-supply.com/Fun...s_ep_82-1.html
              And our Resources Page links to many other pages we've added:
              http://www.concession-supply.com/Fun...rces_c_33.html

Hope this helps.
              www.concession-supply.com

Comment

Working...
              X