Additional Pages - Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Additional Pages - Part II

Ok... I think I know what I did not explain well, in my first question.

As an example, I put into our "About Us" page, a hyperlink that points to another page (html file) that lists all the current employees involved with QA and say I want to call that file "QA.html". I can create the "QA.html" file itself, in any number of ways, but how, where do I put the actual "QA.html" file, so I can actually point to it and have it displayed??

I'm used to dealing with MS - Front Page, and or Dreamweaver, where I edit pages locally (or on-line) and then upload them into their respective directory on our site. So, I guess the question might be, what directory do these sorts of files go to and how do I get them there?

Hopefully, that is clearer...

Thanks

John

You can ftp upload your files to any directory or folder you wish. Like something like web/assets/folder1

Or, you can create folders in "File Manager" through the admin and upload them there. We have tons of PDF files that we manage through the file manager. We create a folder called PDFs and link to it thusly: /assets/images/PDFs/file.pdf

Hope this helps.
    www.concession-supply.com

Comment

Originally posted by concession-supply.com View Post
      You can ftp upload your files to any directory or folder you wish. Like something like web/assets/folder1

Or, you can create folders in "File Manager" through the admin and upload them there. We have tons of PDF files that we manage through the file manager. We create a folder called PDFs and link to it thusly: /assets/images/PDFs/file.pdf

Hope this helps.
      YES!! But... a quick follow-up question...

The File Manager comes up with a "Current Folder" being "Images". While "up one level" is available, it will not go "up" beyond the "Images" directory. As idiotic as it may sound, that confused me, so I did not even try to upload any other types of files.

i.e., now that I have looked at it, everthing will be "in" the root directory "images", within subdirectories I create such as "pdf", etc., etc.? The assumption with that being, "any" file types can be uploaded... such as html files, etc.

I'll try.

Thanks

John

Comment

John,

Don't use the file manager. Download filezilla from filezilla-project.org/

There is a support document I wrote up awhile ago that will assist you, https://support.3dcart.com/index.php...kbarticleid=35

This will make uploading files a breeze and you can create and modify directories.

Comment

I may be missing something, but it strikes me that uploading a .html directly to the FTP site to link to is the 'wrong way' to do it. This is because all HTML files on your 3DC need to be surrounded by the frame.html code in order to display properly. If you just link to your own .html file, it will not have the same look and feel as the rest of your site.

The correct way to do this is to make an additional page, as we suggested in your other thread on this topic.

Comment

Originally posted by cbsteven View Post
            I may be missing something, but it strikes me that uploading a .html directly to the FTP site to link to is the 'wrong way' to do it. This is because all HTML files on your 3DC need to be surrounded by the frame.html code in order to display properly. If you just link to your own .html file, it will not have the same look and feel as the rest of your site.

The correct way to do this is to make an additional page, as we suggested in your other thread on this topic.
            Thank you for the response... At this point I "think" I can get things to work (will try as soon as I have some time), but each way of accomplishing it, seems to have (as you point out) a benefit / disadvantage, which may work out well, depending on what the end goal is. Seemless integration is certainly one of them.

In any case, thanks again.

John

Comment

Working...
            X