X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cancel order status

What happens when an order is placed in the cancel order status? :confused:

I am trying to determine the best practice for keeping track of canceled, and returned and refunded orders.

When an order is moved to the cancel order status:
    1. Are the items returned to inventory?
    2. Are the $ and sales count adjusted?

I checked the Sales by Status Report and the count of our canceled orders is correct, but the $ amount is not correct for the amount refunded. Do you have to make a manual entry for the credit even if the refund is issued by using the void payment function?

Our understanding is that cancel returns the items to inventory and subtracts the the payment from the total creating a net zero transaction. It would be very useful to have a refund status built in that allowed the manual adjustment of any or removal of any and every charge including shiping.
    Luxlife

Comment

Originally posted by Luxlife View Post
      Our understanding is that cancel returns the items to inventory and subtracts the the payment from the total creating a net zero transaction. It would be very useful to have a refund status built in that allowed the manual adjustment of any or removal of any and every charge including shiping.
      It has probably been asked before but in regards to a credit card order that has been previously captured & refunded...will it refund a second time if you cancel the order?

Comment

The cancel status does not affect the payment. The refund of payment has to be done either with the payment void or at your merchant site. When I cancel and refund an order I ofen refund the product only and NOT the shipping charge. If possible, I would like this to be reflected in the $ total when I place an order in canel staus.

Comment

Credit Card #s in Cancelled Orders

I noticed that Cancelled Orders retain credit card info whereas others do not. I remember being able to erase credit card #s before (though it could have been in the previous version of 3dcart) but cannot now. Searching the knowledge base and these forums hasn't turned up any solutions.

What I'm saying is, you may not want to keep your cancelled orders in there for long if you are concerned about the liability of retaining credit card information. If there's a work-around that someone knows about, I'd love to be enlightened.
          Webmaster: Texas Media Systems

Comment

Originally posted by TMS Clint View Post
            I noticed that Cancelled Orders retain credit card info whereas others do not. I remember being able to erase credit card #s before (though it could have been in the previous version of 3dcart) but cannot now. Searching the knowledge base and these forums hasn't turned up any solutions.

What I'm saying is, you may not want to keep your cancelled orders in there for long if you are concerned about the liability of retaining credit card information. If there's a work-around that someone knows about, I'd love to be enlightened.
            3dcart doesn't store credit card information, which is why you can't erase credit card #'s. There is nothing to erase.

Comment

Originally posted by SarahInc View Post
              3dcart doesn't store credit card information, which is why you can't erase credit card #'s. There is nothing to erase.
              ORDERS >> Cancelled
              Open any Invoice and scroll down to payment info. The credit card info is most definitely still there.

Comment

ORDERS >> Cancelled
                Open any Invoice and scroll down to payment info. The credit card info is most definitely still there.
                Yes and no..

Like SarahInc said, the CC info is not there because it's not stored. You can see the normal information but not the full CC number.

Comment

Originally posted by Evolution View Post
                  Yes and no..

Like SarahInc said, the CC info is not there because it's not stored. You can see the normal information but not the full CC number.
                  Again, this is specifically on invoices in the "Cancelled" Orders section. This information doesn't appear for me on "Shipped" invoices.
                  Last edited by jimmy3dcart; 10-12-2010, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Again, this is specifically on invoices in the "Cancelled" Orders section. This information doesn't appear for me on "Shipped" invoices.
                    Very interesting..

I go to "Orders -> Cancel", select "Edit" of an order to see what I've described.

The status of course shows up as "Cancel" and when I scroll down to Payment Information all but the last 4-digits of the CC are X's.
                    Last edited by jimmy3dcart; 10-12-2010, 10:15 AM.

Comment

Strange,
                      Was interested so checked.
                      Our canceled only shows last four digits.
                      I'd call support and after fixed delete them.

Comment

I can confirm that the 3DCart system only stores the last 4 digits of the credit cards and this is the information displayed regardless of the order status.

Comment

Working...
                        X