Show Price Range rather than Lowest Price

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Show Price Range rather than Lowest Price

I'm sure this is a simple fix, but I cannot figure it out.....

I have a bunch of products w/ options that go up in price as options are added on.

Is there a way to show the "range" of prices on the product/category/search pages rather than just the base price? Ex: show $35.00-$95.00 rather than just $35.00.

People don't know there are additional options for the product(s) unless they click on it and go to the extended product page.

Thanks for your help!

Has anyone figured this out? Thanks!

Comment

I want it if you find it. We just changed 'price' to 'base price' which of course doesn't apply to products W/O attributes and frankly a little of a put off.
      http://www.stitchersstuff.com/Stitching-stands_c_4.html

Comment

If you look in the advanced tab for any product, there is a "Display Text" option which allows you to type in the price range. Perhaps this is what you need.
        Luxlife

Comment

Hadn't seen that before, it says it would replace the price display so would certainly work. A little labor intensive having to double input pricing but for us at least wouldn't be to bad. Think I'll also change the link wording to 'view item'.

Comment

The only problem I've found in using the display text feature is that it shows up on the product page as well. So instead of the customer viewing the price on the product page and then seeing the updated price after adding options - the display text is shown.

Maybe there's a workaround that I'm not aware of...that would be nice.

Another option could be to word the "price" text as "Base price" as Mondo suggested and then add the price range to one of the extra fields that could be coded into the category template underneath the product...

Comment

The only problem I've found in using the display text feature is that it shows up on the product page as well. So instead of the customer viewing the price on the product page and then seeing the updated price after adding options - the display text is shown.
              What a deal killer.

Comment

The "Display text" feature is used for when you can't display the price of the item until the customer adds their item into the cart (some manufacturers require that. I've seen it used the way you want to use it but what the user did was put all the price in the options, so that
                Item is $0.00
                Option a- $50.00
                Option b- $75.00

You can modify the listing page to now show the price like it normally does (hide the tag), and so its still pretty clear what the price is.
                ----------------------------
                Gonzalo Gil
                3dCart Support
                800-828-6650 x111

Comment

I realize this is an old thread, but thought I would resurrect. I tried the Display Text option and it worked great for the Category page, but I could never disable it on the product listing page so that the normal prices would display.
                  Joanne Barker
                  VS Web Design
                  [email protected]

Comment

Agreed. Does anyone have a way to do this? It would serve two purposes - one to give the customer an idea of what the price range is, and two- to set the low /high price in tags. Right now our site fails the Pinterest validator because we have price ranges and until you physically select an option, the price is not set on the page, so the tag doesn't pick it up. If there were tags to display low/high price, it would be immensely helpful!

Comment

Working...
                    X