Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Script Position

Hello everyone,

I am trying to get a GoDaddy Certified Domain Script to work, but it is driving me crazy. I have the script that GoDaddy tells you to paste into your code where you want the script to appear. I want the seal to show under the McAfee PCI Compliance logo in my Right Banner. You can see it at www.totaloutdoorsman.com.

The script is below the PCI compliance seal code in the banner HTML, but the seal continues to default to the top of that cell of the table. The banner is a 2 row single column table. I have even tried to split it into three rows and place the compliance seal in the bottom cell. It still defaults to above my SSL certificate...

Everyone I have talked to (3dcart and GoDaddy) seems to think the CSS *might* have something to do with it, so I created the siteseal and siteseal2 id's to try to separate the SSL style from the compliance style, but that didn't work either.

I placed the seal on another non-shopping cart website I manage and had no trouble...

Also, when the seal script is in the code, IE8 shows an error on line 45, which makes no sense because the URL it references is on line 813...

Any ideas?
    www.totaloutdoorsman.com - Your Total Choice for the Outdoors

I can see that the line in question is

HTML Code:
    scpt.removeChild(document.getElementById("gdUrl")); 
    and it comes inside that Javascript you placed (//tracedseals.starfieldtech.com/siteseal/get?scriptId=siteSeal&sealId=55e4ye7y7mb73d438 649b4ffc3243zhadjfy7mb7355e4ye76ff2793a785e82e5)

I am not sure what it does, but, I would suggest removing it, the main idea of these types of seals is to get a link from your website to theirs and gain link popularity. If you look at the full code of the seal

HTML Code:
    <script type="text/javascript" src="//tracedseals.starfieldtech.com/siteseal/get?scriptId=siteSeal&amp;sealId=55e4ye7y7mb73d438649b4ffc3243zhadjfy7mb7355e4ye76ff2793a785e82e5"></script><br/><a id="gdUrl" style="font-family: arial; font-size: 1px" href="http://www.godaddy.com/hosting/website-builder.aspx" target="_blank">Website Builder</a>
    What they are doing is embedding a link on your website to theirs, with the keyword "website builder" and Google search "website builder" and you can see they are #1 now because of this (not just from you but the thousands(millions?) that are using this code).
    ----------------------------
    Gonzalo Gil
    3dCart Support
    800-828-6650 x111

Comment

Gonzalo,

Thanks for the quick reply! When you suggest I remove it, do you mean that part of the code, or the whole seal? I had planned to remove the website link, but would like to keep the seal as another means of showing I am a ligitimate website. However, I will drop the seal if I cannot position it.

Thanks!

Comment

The PCI compliance one is good, and you already have the secured one which I would keep...I don't think you need the domain origination certified, I don't even know what that means :)
        ----------------------------
        Gonzalo Gil
        3dCart Support
        800-828-6650 x111

Comment

Thanks for the info. I'll just drop that seal.

Comment

Working...
          X