Need help with options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with options

We have a particular product (syrups) that are packaged 4 gallons per case. However, we allow mix & match of the flavors. Currently, we have all the different flavor options listed as options, allowing the customer to choose four flavors. The issue is, how to be able to choose more than one gallon of one flavor? For example, they can choose four "different" flavors to make up the case quantity of four. However, how can they be able to choose, for example, 2 of red, 1 of blue and 1 of green or all four red, or some other combination. If anyone has a solution, we would be interested.
    Thanks in advance :)
    www.concession-supply.com

You can assign that product to use qnty as the option display.

product/options

yours probably is set to radio or dropdown.

Here's what it looks like:
    http://www.stitchersstuff.com/DMC-Va...loss_p_89.html

***FYI***
    When set to Qnty you can't edit your options. You have to temporarily change it to dropdown and when done change it back.
    Last edited by mondo; 05-04-2010, 04:39 PM.

Comment

That's a good start. Thank you! :)
      Anyone know a way to select quantities of the four that make up one case? The product is sold by the case and we need to have four make up the one product.
      Last edited by concession-supply.com; 05-04-2010, 03:39 PM.

Comment

BTY: just updated last post, 'you can edit your options' to 'you can't edit your options'.

I guess it's the snow cone syrup cases.

You will certainly need to address some issues. 4=1. Have an idea or two but not perfect. (these are business people)

Interested in how you solve them.
        Last edited by mondo; 05-04-2010, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Yes, it is our Snow Cone syrups: http://www.concession-supply.com/Ben...lons_p_74.html

As you can see, there are options for flavours, and they work for multiple selections because they are NOT required options. The different flavors list on the invoice, but, there is no way to indicate the qty of each flavor. Granted, most folks will choose 4 flavors, but, some flavors are more popular, so they want 2 or 3 of one flavor and just 1 of the other.....

What we have been doing is telling customers that call to put the flavor quantities in the comment box at checkout, but, this doesn't work so well.

Comment

You could have 4 different drop-down lists and list each flavor within each list. So you would have four identical lists that each have all of the flavors.

Choose up to 4 flavors: (as your title option as it appears you have)
            Flavor #1: (drop-down list with each flavor)
            Flavor #2: (ditto)
            Flavor #3: (ditto)
            Flavor #4: (ditto)

The customer would be free to select the same flavor if they wanted or mix and match.

Comment

Hello,
              Thanks for responses. Looks like this really can't be done simply. The drop down would require four seperate options and would be quite lengthy on the page. It would have to be choose flavor 1, choos flavor 2, and so on.....
              Perhaps we will try just a text box? And, inventory control is not available with any of these options! :( We would sell individually, and require purchase in multiples of four, but, that would pose more problems than the current one.
              We'll keep trying.......

Comment

Ok, I promise I'll give up on this suggestion if this is not what you're looking for. :) But I created a temporary test product displaying what I referred to in my earlier post. I've made some changes to my listing template, but not too many within the options part.

Here's the product page that I created:

http://www.scribetime.com/Test-Product_p_2551.html

This seems like it would work for what you're trying to do.
                I only created one title option (Choose Color) and then four separate dropdown lists each listing every available color. So there's only 5 options that would need to be created.

Would this work?

Comment

That's Great! We have made the changes. Everything work good, except, advanced options cannot be used ( that's okay, the trade off is well worth it) , but, for some reason the "Part Number" for the different flavors doesn't display on the invoice or packing slip when doing it this way. :confused:
                  But, thanks for the great idea. We are still tweaking, and you can see it here: http://www.concession-supply.com/Ben...lons_p_74.html

One more thing....if you look at our flavor list in the product extended decription, we use list item to list the flavors. Is there a way to make that two columns, instead of just the one long column?

Thanks for the comments and suggestions in this thread. This forum is a good place to share ideas. :)

Comment

Great idea Scribe! Would have never thought of going that way. Didn't make sense when I read it but in action has several possibilities. We're big on 'combo kits' and this I think can work there too.

Comment

Originally posted by concession-supply.com View Post
                      That's Great! We have made the changes. Everything work good, except, advanced options cannot be used ( that's okay, the trade off is well worth it) , but, for some reason the "Part Number" for the different flavors doesn't display on the invoice or packing slip when doing it this way. :confused:

I'm glad the suggestion helped. :) Nearly every item in our store has some combination of options with some as many as 10 or 11 different options, so we've had to play around with them a lot.

Regarding the "Part Number" - I thought that the part number(s) should append to the Item Number(?) with the order and on the invoice. But if not, I wonder if there's a way to code something like [partnumber] into the options portion of your listing template for instances like this? Maybe someone else, like Gonzalo knows if this can be done.

This may be a bit tedious, but another option may be to add the part number right next to the option name (i.e. Blueberry - BB400)

Comment

Originally posted by mondo View Post
                        Great idea Scribe! Would have never thought of going that way. Didn't make sense when I read it but in action has several possibilities. We're big on 'combo kits' and this I think can work there too.

Great, glad it helped. :)

Comment

Working okay now....just wish there was some method of inventory control. :confused:

http://www.concession-supply.com/Gol...rs_p_5027.html

Anyone have any ideas to keep track of inventory?

Thanks in advance. :)

PS: The part numbers are reflected on the invoice as it should be! :)
                          Last edited by concession-supply.com; 05-14-2010, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X