New Shipping Functionality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Shipping Functionality

I was just doing some tweaking to a shipping option we have set up and came across the "Shipping Settings" page in the admin which I am fairly certain is new since I know the ability to sort shipping options is new in 2.2. What I would like to know is how the other functionality works such as what do I get if I register for the USPS Web Tools? Has 3DC written code to make use of the APIs provided by the USPS? If so, which ones?

I would be curious about adding some additional functionality from a shipping perspective, but I am not sure what this gets me since I already have the ability to bring back real-time shipping costs and now the latest 3DC release allows customer to track shipments without leaving our site.

Thanks to any 3DC team member who can shed some light on this.

Until recently, the only way to change your information for UPS, USPS, FEDEX, CA POST was to send it to us, and we would insert it into our shipping code.

Now we've moved these settings out to the admin so that you can change them yourself. Our idea is to bring out the functionality to print labels as well, and so this is going to be a required step (being able for you to specify your accounts). For now, all this page does is make it easy for you to register for an account with the carriers.
    ----------------------------
    Gonzalo Gil
    3dCart Support
    800-828-6650 x111

Comment

Thanks Gonzalo, I look forward to seeing what you implement in the future with 3DC and the APIs provided by the shipping companies.

For now, all this page does is make it easy for you to register for an account with the carriers.
      Just so I am clear, there is no benefit to signing up at this time as there is not additional functionality available beyond what was available in 2.1. Is this correct?

Comment

For now, the only thing that you can benefit from is that if your account has discounts, you can pass that on to your client (entering your account info will reveal your shipping rates).

If you are planning on using the tracking script to display rates on your site also you will be required to have an existing account for each carrier in the near future so you may want to go ahead and do it now...
        ----------------------------
        Gonzalo Gil
        3dCart Support
        800-828-6650 x111

Comment

Working...
        X