How to edit content of Checkout pages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to edit content of Checkout pages

Our customers are getting confused on Checkout #1 because it prompts them for SHIPPING address first and then later on Checkout #3 or #4 (I don't remember right now) it prompts them for BILLING address.

This is backwards from most online stores. Typically, you enter your BILLING address first then later you either enter a new shipping address or you indicate that your shipping address is same as your billing address.

I have two questions:
    1) How can I edit the content of checkout pages?
    2) How can I re-order the checkout process so that we ask for BILLING first then SHIPPING later?

Thank you,
    Jennifer
    http://www.melkmugs.com

Hello? Still looking for answers.

Hi. I haven't seen a response to my question. I'm a new poster, so I'm not sure what a typical turnaround time is in this forum. I haven't solved the problem on my own yet and still need help figuring this one out.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Jennifer

Comment

Hi Jennifer,
      The forum is a way for store owners to communicate and help each other. There is no set guidelines on a response time. It may be days before another user that happens to know the answer to your question replies.

If you have a support question that can not wait, i suggest you submit it as a support request to http://support.3dcart.com.

For this particular question I can tell you that rewiring the shipping/billing forms is not possible. They are in this order for a simple reason, you want to get as much information from a customer before you start asking for billing information. To most customers, entering billing information means they are buying something, yet, they haven't seen the total order cost (if you ask for billing details first). For this reason we ask for shipping first, and billing afterwards. All this information is saved under the "not complete" orders so that you can contact a client should he/she back out of the purchase which would not be possible if you asked for billing information and customer bailed out right then.

You can change the wording and add content to these pages via the:

Settings -> Design-> Titles & Content

As well as Settings->Design->Store language
      ----------------------------
      Gonzalo Gil
      3dCart Support
      800-828-6650 x111

Comment

Thank you.

Ok, thank you.

Comment

Working...