3.2 Facebook Online Store Application

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.2 Facebook Online Store Application

I know there's another thread on getting a facebook app to work, but that was pre-3.2 mostly. Thought I'd start another one.

Ok, so I've carefully gone through the instructions several times, and I just don't see what I'm missing. It appears that my settings are all correct, and I get the tab. Problem is when I click on it, it's blank. I've opted to show home page items, and sale items, and a specific category. Nothing is showing up.

Anyone have any ideas? Have you had similar issues?

Thanks!

Mike
    www.KarensCookies.net
    Cookie Decorating Simplified

If you tried and can't get it to work, i think its time for a support ticket, as no one in the forum really has the access necessary to check this out for you. I guarantee you if you submit a ticket support dept will get to the bottom of it.
    ----------------------------
    Gonzalo Gil
    3dCart Support
    800-828-6650 x111

Comment

We submitted a ticket asking if there was any difference between the original Facebook store application and the 3.2 version and Support said no and that we didn't have to do anything additional since the 3.2 upgrade.

I also haven't seen anything that says there are new features available in the 3.2 facebook store app that were not available in the old one. Are there?

Are you finding differences? Anything "we" should know about? :-)

Curious because we have not done anything to our Facebook store application since the upgrade and we're always looking for a chance to do things better.

Thanks,
      Buck

Comment

The Facebook plugin you were using was essentially the one that made it to 3.2, a new one is being worked on with more features, the nice thing about that type of application is that we can develop it and release it without the need to upgrade your 3dcart application so we won't need to wait until next major 3dcart update to launch the facebook 2.0 app.
        ----------------------------
        Gonzalo Gil
        3dCart Support
        800-828-6650 x111

Comment

Originally posted by GonzaloGil View Post
          The Facebook plugin you were using was essentially the one that made it to 3.2, a new one is being worked on with more features, the nice thing about that type of application is that we can develop it and release it without the need to upgrade your 3dcart application so we won't need to wait until next major 3dcart update to launch the facebook 2.0 app.
          Same with the Admin mobile app, right? Since it's just web-based you can quickly update it, eh? So you could, say... add the ability to edit stock levels on products? (wink wink) :)
          www.KarensCookies.net
          Cookie Decorating Simplified

Comment

maksum, I've had the same issue of a blank page in setting up my Facebook Online Store. I'm submitting a ticket, but was wondering if you were able to get your problem corrected, and if you might be able to share it with us?

Comment

I have found this to be problematic too. We couldn't get our page to populate either, so we went to the FB page and unselected the items we wanted to show(sale items), then went back in and selected the sale items option again, and suddenly it worked. Two days later, the page is not blank, but now it says this: No Products Available

http://brassandsilvertraditions.3dca...e&catid=&ids=0