3.2 - no shipping to PO Box feature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.2 - no shipping to PO Box feature

I posted this on the 3dCart Facebook page, but thought I should add to the Forum too since not everyone would go to Facebook.

I wanted to let others know of a potential issue for your store. One of the new 3.2 upgrades includes a feature to NOT accept orders from PO Boxes (it's a check box option under Settings > General > Store Settings and then Checkout Settings).

This option is turned ON by default when your store is upgraded. Great for everyone who ships UPS/Fedex, but bad for anyone who uses USPS (like we do).

Spent hours trying to figure out what the problem was so thought I'd save someone else from the same angst!

Thank you for the heads up!

Comment

Oh, thank you for passing that along! That would have taken us some time to figure out. Much appreciated.
      Laura Z
      Brass & Silver Traditions
      www.brassandsilvertraditions.com

Comment

Update

3dCart just replied to my post on their Facebook page with "...we're aware about this new feature being defaulted as enabled on the migration and we have already corrected the issue."

So it seems that anyone upgraded after 7/10 shouldn't have this issue and will need to go in and turn ON the option if they want to use it.

Anyone else who was upgraded before today should go in to their settings (check original post as to where to go) and double check that it is set how you want it.

Comment

The wording on this option is so poor as to be almost incomprehensible. In order to ALLOW shipping to P.O. boxes, should the option be checked, or unchecked?
          www.stsi.com
          Network Infrastructure and Fiber Optics (AMP/Tyco, APC, Belden, Corning, Hubbell, Leviton, Ortronics, Panduit), Audio, Computer, and Video Cables, and much more!

Comment

Originally posted by Craig60 View Post
            In order to ALLOW shipping to P.O. boxes, should the option be checked, or unchecked?
            You should UNCHECK the option if you wish to allow your customers to have their orders shipped to a PO Box.

Hope that makes sense! :)

Comment

I assume we need to use the common checkout template to use this feature? :confused:

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
                I assume we need to use the common checkout template to use this feature? :confused:
                Hmm, I'm not sure what you mean by that. Have you completely customized your checkout page?

My suggestion would be to just test it out with a few dummy checkout transactions and see what happens!

Jennie

Comment

Yes, we had to make changes to the checkout pages, such as not requiring company name, phone number, etc........

Comment

Working...
                  X