Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Category Specific Best Sellers is Great!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Category Specific Best Sellers is Great!

We really like this new feature. The recent best sellers are displayed when on the category page that are relevant to that specific category! :)
    Anyway to get this functionalty on the product listing page? For example, when viewing a specific product, the best sellers revert to global. Could some code be copied to the listing frame as well?
    Thanks in advance. :)
    www.concession-supply.com

I guess we spoke too soon. We have modified our frame file and apparently can't use this feature. Does anyone know where/what file is modified when using the category specific top sellers?
    Our issue is when we enable this feature, the category specific top sellers become the global top sellers and remain when switching categories. :(

Comment

This is not working on our store. What are we doing wrong?

Comment

for us, this feature only works when viewing your store through the admin panel.

Comment

Bummer, this feature only works if you disable the store cache. :(
          Hope it gets fixed so you can run the store cache, too. :)

Comment

Is this feature going to be available?
            We would REALLY like to use this one! :)

Comment

I thought this was working too but I am always logged in.... Have you submitted a ticket and has there been any answer from 3dCart on this?
              Pat Cotter

The Preemie Store

Comment

we submitted a ticket. We were told you have to turn off the cache. So, we don't use it, but, would like to.

Comment

Yes, I see that works.... and I agree it is nice to use the cache but on the other hand I really like the best sellers the way it works now!

For those who don't know how to do this - go to Settings - General - Store Settings and at the bottom of the page, remove the click from Enable (Cache).
                  Pat Cotter

The Preemie Store

Comment

Thank you for the feedback on this.

I've just been advised that this has been corrected and will be pushed into production later on today. A change will be implemented whereby you'll be able to use the category specific "top sellers" and the store cache at the same time.

This should also apply to category specific "new releases" as well.

I will post an update as soon as I can confirm it's been made live.

Again, thank you all for the feedback!

Comment

***UPDATE***

This issue has been corrected now. Category specific "Top Sellers" and "New Releases" should be working with store cache enabled.

Thank you all for your patience.

Comment

Thanks! :)

Comment

Category Specific Best Sellers

I can't get this to work either. I tried disabling the cache to see if that made a difference even though supposedly you no longer have to do that, but still nothing. I double checked all the settings and everything seems to be in order. So what am I missing?

Comment

Working...
                          X