New blog feature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New blog feature

I'm working on getting our blog set up now.

I would be curious as to how anyone else has set up their blog. Would anyone who has it set up care to share a link to theirs?

I'll show you mine if you show me yours..;) (after I get it set up)

This is what I like about this 3dcart community. We can all learn from each other.

Thanks a bunch!

Blog feature not working properly

Well, I am almost ready to give up on 3dcart's new blog feature and go to WordPress. The new blog feature seems a little half-baked at this point.

There are some parts of the new blog feature that do not work (at least for me). The field [numcomments] does not populate in the ()Comments link. So even if I have a few comments under a post, it will still read ()Comments

Also the [datentime] field does not populate when it lists the comments.

I have submitted a support ticket for these two issues.

I need to make a decision quickly here whether to make the effort to get 3dCart's blog feature working correctly or to go to WordPress for a blog.

I have a question for my 3d colleagues -- from an SEO standpoint does it make any difference whether I use 3dcart's blog or a WordPress blog? I think if I go with WP I will be able to have a URL like blog.domainname.com where domainname.com is my 3dcart store, yes?

Any thoughts on this?

Comment

From an SEO perspective it doesn't make much difference if you do a second level domain or have the blog on the site itself. What will make a difference is as the 3dcart blog feature gets further development, you'll be able to do things that you will never be able to do with a separate solution (ie. advertise products you are talking about on your posts by simple assigning products to a post).

If you submitted a ticket regarding an issue my recommendation would be to wait for an answer and then once you get the answer make your decision.
      ----------------------------
      Gonzalo Gil
      3dCart Support
      800-828-6650 x111

Comment

Originally posted by cashmore View Post
        I need to make a decision quickly here whether to make the effort to get 3dCart's blog feature working correctly or to go to WordPress for a blog.

I have a question for my 3d colleagues -- from an SEO standpoint does it make any difference whether I use 3dcart's blog or a WordPress blog? I think if I go with WP I will be able to have a URL like blog.domainname.com where domainname.com is my 3dcart store, yes?
        Our research indicates that it's better to have your blog at the same domain/subdomain as your store, unlike ours which is on it's own subdomain.

http://blog.justpoppin.com

If you go to our website www.JustPoppin.com you will see that we have a link in our menu taking you directly to our blog.

If the 3dCart blog is up to the task, our goal is to create a more product oriented blog using it, and using our external blog for more story related stuff.

Jennie

Comment

Thanks Gonzalo and JustPoppin.

JustPoppin, both your store and your blog look great!

Have a good weekend, folks.

Comment

Testing out the blog

Just starting to play around with the new Blog feature now.

Has anyone else noticed that if you insert a picture it doesn't show up in the preview. You have to publish it before you can see how it will look.

Also, I'm trying to save changes to my test post and I'm coming up with an error message "message cannot be blank". I've filled in all the fields, but it won't let me save the changes.

Comment

I can't find anything on the Blog setup. Is there a help page for it?
              Thanks!

Comment

There is a KB on this, simply go to

http://support.3dcart.com

Type on the search "Blog" and click on 2nd article.
                There is TONS of new articles there as well for all new features of the cart.
                ----------------------------
                Gonzalo Gil
                3dCart Support
                800-828-6650 x111

Comment

Working...
                X