1005 errors after 3.2 upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1005 errors after 3.2 upgrade

We were upgraded to 3.2 on Thursday. Ever since we've received TONS of complaints about 1005 errors while checking out and our orders have dropped significantly. Support says the site is working fine but we constantly receive reports of customers that can't complete orders. Anyone else have this problem? Any solutions?

The 1005 error usually means bad input, so for example a customer trying to enter a letter instead of a number for quantity, or, trying to enter JAVASCRIPT code on an input field (input fields on the front end will not allow any kind of HTML language).

To get to the bottom of this most likely you are going to need to ask those people that report the issue what page they where on, and what they were doing. Then try it yourself and if you are able to replicate it, report it to support so they can look further into it.
    ----------------------------
    Gonzalo Gil
    3dCart Support
    800-828-6650 x111

Comment

I'm trying Gonzalo. The problem is customers are reporting these errors on a variety of pages. At least one report is on a page where there is zero input, so that can't be the case.

Comment

When you say 0 input, then are you saying this is a content page? like an information page that they click on the Link and they get the error? Can you replicate the issue yourself?
        ----------------------------
        Gonzalo Gil
        3dCart Support
        800-828-6650 x111

Comment

:( We took a quick look and none of your buy it links or add to cart links work.

Comment

:( We took a quick look and none of your buy it links or add to cart actually take you to the shopping cart, so they don't know they've added anything to the cart. And the cart icon doesn't report anything in the cart

Comment

Originally posted by GonzaloGil View Post
              When you say 0 input, then are you saying this is a content page? like an information page that they click on the Link and they get the error? Can you replicate the issue yourself?
              Here's one example. They go to the cart and enter their zip code to get a shipping quote. That works fine. Then, all they do is click checkout, no input is entered at all, and the 1005 error pops up.

Others report it just browsing the site, never entering a thing.

Some report it when clicking the paypal button.

Some people report it not working on FireFox but it working with IE, while others report it doesn't work with both.

Some see it on checkout page 1, some can't ever get to that page.

Past customers report it, so I thought it might be a cache/cookies problem, but other customers that are visiting our site for the first time report it as well.

And of course I can't recreate it. That doesn't mean it's not happening. I'd guess a third of our potential customers are reporting this today.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
                :( We took a quick look and none of your buy it links or add to cart actually take you to the shopping cart, so they don't know they've added anything to the cart. And the cart icon doesn't report anything in the cart
                They work for me, but who knows. Might be another problem with our migration to 3.2.

Comment

If no one else is seeing these problems, may be it's just our site. Our template was coded by 3dcart, so I would hope that all the problems wouldn't be template related.

Comment

I mean the little shopping cart at the top of the page. That's where I gotten used to looking! :o
                    Sorry!

Comment

I had hoped that the further away from the 3.2 upgrade we got, the less complaints we would receive about 1005 errors. Today was the worst, with customers calling to say they won't ever order from us again and have moved on to other retailers. Very sad and frustrating, especially for us when we're known for world class customer support.

Comment

Still getting a number of customers reporting checkout problems every day.

Comment

And it's FIXED! Thanks 3dcart.

Comment

Working...
                          X