Customer Group Display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customer Group Display

I'm sure this issue must be addressed in the forum or help, but I apologize... I'm just not finding it

We've just migrated from another software. Our to-the-trade customer group customers are accustom to seeing their discount prices formatted to feature the price difference and the trade discount label. In 3Dcart, what method can I use to notify customers that they are logged in as trade discount members and are seeing discounted prices? Is there a customer group field name I can display below the login name? Or perhaps a way to add a badge next to the price similar to the sale price?

Or... has anyone implemented something I haven't thought of?
    Shelly Gardner-Alley
    www.papermojo.com

Reviving ancient thread, this is possible to do with the [price_level] template variable. You could put it in frame.html and figure out what customer group the logged in customer is in, and then do something fancy with that, like add a badge or make prices a different color.

Comment

Thanks for your suggestions and for taking the time to answer my post. Unfortunately, although I understand the principles involved in what you are suggesting, I lack the programming skill to carry it out. I have basically given up on using price levels with customer groups and have instead changed over to using a promotion for the discount. That way the group member sees the discount being deducted from their cart total and they are reassured that they are getting it.
      Shelly Gardner-Alley
      www.papermojo.com

Comment

Working...
      X