Facebook integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facebook integration

I was just upgraded and went to setup the Facebook store. I followed the .pdf instructions exactly and then where it says to enable the Tab and the Boxes in my Facebook account the boxes options was missing. Tabs is there and I enabled it.

How do I get the Boxes option to show up?

On my profile page the tabs and boxes do not show up and 3dcart support says both the Photos tab and Boxes tab are default and should be showing even before the integration. I tried to search Facebook on how to make these show and nothing I found works.

Has anyone else had these problems and found a way to fix it.

Thanks for any help.

Ken

Hi watchdr,

As you may know there are two situations where the 3dcart app can be applied - A Facebook profile and a Facebook page. The profile is your personal Facebook profile interface where you add "friends" and only your "friends" can see your listing, while a Facebook Page can be viewed by everyone and - instead of "friends" - you acquire "fans." (it's also called a fan page or business page)

You mentioned that this is happening when using the 3dcart app on your Facebook profile. Do you also have the 3dcart app applied to a Facebook business page as well?

The reason I ask is because it appears something has changed on Facebook's end since the latest PDF was written where the boxes option isn't available on profile settings anymore. The boxes option only appears for the 3dcart application when it's used on a Facebook business page (fan page).

Unfortunately this has happened a few times where Facebook has updated something within their profile security settings, and we've had to update our installation instructions. We just tested this on a profile that had the store app enabled from awhile back and the boxes option was there, but a fresh install of the 3dCart app on a different profile didn't contain the option.

We'll be updating the PDF shortly to reference this new development, but I think this might be the cause of the problem.

***UPDATE***

After researching this even further, it appears that changes within Facebook have also removed the boxes options from the Fan Page availability as well. This should only affect new installs of the 3dcart app. If you are reading this and you've had the 3dcart app applied to your profile fan pages from before, the boxes option should still appear. We will be updating the PDF once again.
    Last edited by 3dcart-Henry; 07-23-2010, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Thanks.

When I click the tab named Online store from my profile it brings up the 3dcart page with my products. But when I bring up my watchband solutions page it does not bring up the products from the 3dcart store. I don't see a way to apply the app to the page.

Thanks,
      Ken
      www.watchbandsolutions.com

Comment

I'm also having a problem getting the Facebook app working within my store page on Facebook - I get the tab for the Online Store, but it is blank. I followed the directions for installing the app and have it set to display a new category of "Most Popular" but I see nothing in the window.

Comment

One of the more common issues we've seen with the Facebook app, sounds like what you're describing. Everything is seemingly set up correctly with the 3dCart/Facebook App, and you're able to view the store on your personal profile; but when you go to the Online Store Tab on the business/fan page it's blank.

The most common fix for this is to click "Save Changes" on the Online Store App for the profile first, then to do the same for the fan page's app as well. We recently created this KB article that describes the fix in more detail - as well as a step by step process to saving the settings on both.

Please try the information contained in the KB and if the store still doesn't show up, let our support team know and we can investigate it further.

Comment

A link was posted on our Facebook business "fan" page which led us to this Facebook statement:

We announced plans last October to remove application boxes and application info sections as well as reduce the width of application tabs to optimize for the new profile and Facebook Pages format. We will be moving forward with these changes the week of August 23, and want to help you understand what to expect.

Based on feedback from developers, we have committed to the following plans to ensure a smooth transition:

* Boxes. We will notify users via messaging in profile boxes and in the Help Center that the "Boxes" tab, boxes on profiles and Pages, and application info sections will be going away.
            * Application Tabs. Next week, we will give Page admins the ability to preview their custom tabs in the new 520 pixel width so they can modify their layouts as needed. All profile and Page tabs will be resized automatically beginning the week of August 23.

These updates are designed to simplify navigation for users, reduce complexity for developers, and enable us to build the next generation of tools for growing your business with Facebook. We'll share more of our plans for the roadmap in the coming weeks.

So for those of us who are just now building a 3dCart store, how will this affect our ability to create a mini store page within Facebook? My store won't be ready for primetime by the August 23rd deadline, so does this mean we won't have this capability?

Comment

We had a facebook store for about a year, and now it is gone. I wonder if it was this event, rather than the upgrade to 3.2 that wiped out the store?
              www.concession-supply.com

Comment

* Boxes. We will notify users via messaging in profile boxes and in the Help Center that the "Boxes" tab, boxes on profiles and Pages, and application info sections will be going away.
                Well, it will be difficult to say for certain until we can see the preview they are referring to, but it looks like they'll be moving away from the "boxes" that are present (usually on the left hand side) when viewing profiles, pages, and such. When you view someone's profile on Facebook, there will usually be these navigation elements on the left hand side under their respective profile photo. (For example: The most common "box" element people will see are the Friends and fan listings.) In any event, from the looks of it, Facebook is moving away from this display and favoring tabs instead.

* Application Tabs. Next week, we will give Page admins the ability to preview their custom tabs in the new 520 pixel width so they can modify their layouts as needed. All profile and Page tabs will be resized automatically beginning the week of August 23.
                The second thing they appear to be doing is resizing the display parameters of the individual display tabs. Right now, the display tabs appear to be in the 780 pixel range (give or take). From the announcement, it sounds like they'll be shrinking these down to 520 px width. As mentioned earlier, it'll be hard to tell for certain until they allow the preview, but I think the most it may affect your 3dCart/Facebook stores is if you are displaying three columns of products. You may need to shrink it to 2 instead. However, I think we should wait until Facebook allows for the preview to fully determine this.

We had a facebook store for about a year, and now it is gone. I wonder if it was this event, rather than the upgrade to 3.2 that wiped out the store?
                @_concession-supply.com

The event described in the notification hasn't quite happened yet, and for the most part, people upgrading from 3dCart 3.1 to 3.2 didn't have their Facebook store affected aside from perhaps a minor tweak here or there.

I'm not sure what may have caused your 3dCart/Facebook store to get wiped out as you describe, but I would strongly recommend contacting our support team so they can help out with it.

Comment

I saw a "test" of my store yesterday. When you look at that store tab normally, it is the full width of the page.

In the new "test", my store had the normal profile column added to the left side and an column of advertisements added to the right. This left the store in the middle of the page.

Steve

Comment

I'm not a huge Facebook user but I have managed to set up the Facebook Store just fine. My question is, is there a way to remove the 3d Icon for the Store. For any real business it kinda looks unprofessional to have another company's logo showing right in front of the store tab? Again, I'm green with Facebook so you may have to hold my hand and explain it. To me it just looks like a favicon of sorts?

Comment

Originally posted by kaeldaven View Post
                      I'm not a huge Facebook user but I have managed to set up the Facebook Store just fine. My question is, is there a way to remove the 3d Icon for the Store. For any real business it kinda looks unprofessional to have another company's logo showing right in front of the store tab? Again, I'm green with Facebook so you may have to hold my hand and explain it. To me it just looks like a favicon of sorts?
                      Resurrecting this thread, for this same question. Nothing against 3D cart, just common sense branding.

BP

Comment

Ditto. It is very tacky.

Comment

facebook shop

I am using the Wishpot app. It still has a little advertising once you click on the shop but I think it looks better than the 3d shop. Super easy to use.

take a look Lauren Mac | Facebook
                          Marsha,

Comment

Lauren, Love your jewelry, especially the chained droplet earrings. Just gorgeous!
                            Yes that looks much better than the 3dcart store. How is the integration? And do you get any traffic or good response from Wishpot??

Comment

Originally posted by elightbox View Post
                              Lauren, Love your jewelry, especially the chained droplet earrings. Just gorgeous!
                              Yes that looks much better than the 3dcart store. How is the integration? And do you get any traffic or good response from Wishpot??
                              Thank you for loving the jewelry! All referrals are greatly appreciated. 3dcart provided an outdated tutorial for integration. So, I just went to Wishpot and created a vendor account and added the wishpot button to my browser tools which allowed me to add products to a collection and then the products feed from there onto the facebook page. If I want more product to show on FB then I have to add collections to Wishpot. I did not want to install the wishpot buttons on all my product pages since I have the 3dcart registry already activated.

I just implemented Wishpot last Thursday so I don't have enough history on traffic. My reports show I am getting visits from it. I also just opened my store less than a month ago. I am looking for any exposure I can get until I figure out all this SEO stuff!
                              Marsha,

Comment

Working...
                              X