Warning Icon in Admin panel!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warning Icon in Admin panel!

When I log into my admin panel the security padlock icon shows a warning triangle on it and it states some content is not authenticated. Both IE and Firefox show this.

I submitted a support ticket and chatted with tech support on this and although Jeff was trying to figure it out he could not and it was supposedly sent higher up in tech support but that has been a week ago and nothing has been done and no one has helped. Maybe there is no one higher up????? Is an escalated support ticket put in a black hole??

Since tech support isn't interested in helping (other than Jeff) I was wondering if anyone else is having this problem. It would be nice on the one hand then as a group we can try to get tech support to actually do something about it. Otherwise it is just me and they don't seem to care!

Anyone else having this problem with unsecure information on the admin panel?

Ken

We get the same warning. I guess we just weren't worried about it, since we are confident that all the content is legitimate.
    Laura Z
    Brass & Silver Traditions
    www.brassandsilvertraditions.com

Comment

We get it too and don't worry about it either since we trust the site.

Comment

I would be very concerned about this. The admin panel is on YOUR domain, so, double check your ssl certificate.
        www.concession-supply.com

Comment

Same here. Works fine on the site for public use, but not on the admin panel.

Comment

I got an email back from tech support and they claim they fixed it. What was causing it was the SSL which we purchased through 3dcart was not configured correctly as it did not show Equifax as the originator of the certificate.

The SSL worked fine on the customer end but gave that warning on the admin panel.

However, since they fixed it it still shows up on my computer. If I access the admin from another computer that I never logged in with before it is not there. So somewhere in my computer it is saving the old certificate info. I cleaned the cache and that did not make it go away.

So I don't know if it is my browser that still has a problem or what is going on.

Tech support closed the ticket without even allowing me to respond. They obviously don't care.

Maybe if everyone else opens a ticket they will actually do their job and fix this. I don't think anyone with authority even knows about this as if they did they would be very serious as this could come back to cost them millions if any customers get any legal problems from it.

How do we contact someone at 3dcart that cares?

Ken

Comment

Our warning icon went away. I would guess it is just your browser. Make sure you cleared all the history, and wait a day or so to see if it resolves. Did you log into your admin using different browsers? We routinely check both our site and our admin on a variety of different browsers, and if a problem like this is only happening on one of them I wouldn't worry too much unless it persists. Good luck!
              Laura Z
              Brass & Silver Traditions
              www.brassandsilvertraditions.com

Comment

Was any more info given on this?
                Is there an SSL certificate issue with the cart? :confused:

Comment

It did finally go away.

We purchased the ssl through 3dcart after when we were ready to get our store live. It was not part of a bundle.

Thanks,
                  ken

Comment

Hopefully resolved

After seeing this thread in the forum we discovered we also had the warning. After several emails back & forth with tech support who said they could not replicate the problem, i copied the entire thread and sent to them. Within a day our warning was gone and then we received an email saying that 3D had effected a system wide correction. Thanks for the heads up guys.

Comment

Working...
                    X