Time stamp on orders and reports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time stamp on orders and reports

Does this bother anyone besides me? We are on the West Coast, and we do have our store set on PST, but the reports in our admin, as well as our orders, always display east coast time. This probably shouldn't bother me, but we don't want all the orders that come in from 9-12 each night to show as being placed the next day. Support told me that they cannot do anything about that, and "That's just the way it is." Am I out of line to be really irritated by this?
    Laura Z
    Brass & Silver Traditions
    www.brassandsilvertraditions.com

We agree. This has been an annoying issue for quite a while.
    Luxlife

Comment

I checked with the developers on this and the date is stored in the correct timezone, so, the only thing that i can think of is that you are looking at orders that were stored PRIOR to the setting changed.

Can you confirm this? Or are you seeing orders even today with the incorrect time stamp?
      ----------------------------
      Gonzalo Gil
      3dCart Support
      800-828-6650 x111

Comment

Good morning! I just checked, and the time stamp on the orders is now correct. On our automated emails and reports, however, everything is still stamped EST. So each night at 9:00, our traffic and other reports drop to zero. As a result, none of our store data matches with the Google Analytics data. This probably shouldn't bother me, but it does.

I think our automated email messages are also set to EST. We have been having a problem with our Order Not Completed messages for over a week now, and support is working on it, but in the meantime we get the message below every day and 10 AM & PM, and 4 AM & PM. As you can see, the body shows EST. I don't know if that means that the messages to the customers would have been sent at PST or EST though? This system has not worked for us since the day we went live, so I guess it is really a separate issue anyway.

Subject: Order Follow Up
        Date: July 25, 2010 10:00:07 PM PDT
        To: [email protected]
        Domain: http://brassandsilvertraditions.com/
        Script: Order Follow Up

Results:
        New Request: 7/26/2010 1:00:06 AM
        Error - settings not found
        Laura Z

Comment

The servers are on EST timezone, the option to change the order times to your timezone works as expected. The trafffic reports yes, those still show EST.

Now, when you mention reports, i figure you were talking about sales reports, those should also be displaying the proper timezone (anything order related should).

Regarding the Google Analytics, besides the timezone difference, they track things a little bit different, (every analytics software does), so you really should just look at 1 of the 2, not both, as there will always be small discrepancies (to us a visitor might mean someone on the site for 30 minutes, for them it could be 20 minutes, etc.)

As for the order followup/reviews/etc while the server is on EST timezone, it really does not matter as the scripts runs daily/hourly (depending on how you set it up) and doesn't really affect what time zone you are in.
          ----------------------------
          Gonzalo Gil
          3dCart Support
          800-828-6650 x111

Comment

Wow, thanks for the fast reply. It is the traffic report that bothers me most. The sales report was off, but that has been corrected so it is accurate now. I just can't get used to checking the 3dcart traffic report every night and seeing the 9 PM drop. I know the data with Google will be off somewhat, but this discrepancy skews it even more, and the control freak in me demands that I check both. We just went live with our migration ten days ago, though, so I am sure my angst will wear off. If not, it will be a small price to pay for how amazing 3dcart is in every other way. Thanks!
            Laura Z

Comment

Working...
            X