Checkout Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Checkout Issue

Intermittently, I will receive an E-mail from a customer who will tell me that they can't check out because they keep getting a message that their phone number is required but yet there is no place or way for them to enter a phone number; so they get caught up in that loop and can't complete their order.

I do require customers to register before they can buy from my site and they enter their phone number then. I use Paypal Pro for a gateway and have that set to "phone # not required". I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced a similar issue?

I really don't know what is triggering this error and I'm also not sure whether it's happening with Paypal Express or the direct API or both. I can't see anything from the admin panel other than an incomplete order at Step 3 of the checkout process. No error codes or anything.

I've submitted a support ticket on it and so far support hasn't been able to duplicate the error. There has to be something wrong somewhere though because I hear this every couple of weeks or so from different customers. Not sure if it's a Paypal issue or something else. Anybody have any thoughts?

paypal problems

We have had the same problem and I am sure I have lost many sales from it. I have had this problem since starting with 3dcart last August and have submitted several support tickets. I was also told it could not been duplicated. Thankfully, some customers call and complete the order with me via telephone. I just wonder how many give up and just move on. Very frustrating- I have simply given up on resolving this problem!

Comment

Checkout Issue

Thank you soooo much for replying. It's really good to know that someone else is having the same problem, even though it's not good at all. Well, you know what I mean. :)

I submitted a support ticket once before on this and it went nowhere, but I decided to try again for the very reason that you mentioned. We're losing business because of it!

Unfortunately, I don't possess a lot of technical knowledge so I can only hope that 3D can solve this. I'm assuming that you also use Paypal Pro. Do you have Paypal Pro configured so that customers are not required to enter a phone number? I do and I'm wondering if that somehow is conflicting at times with 3D requirements.

I haven't seen a setting anywhere in 3D where you can either check or uncheck whether or not customer is required to enter a phone number, but I think I saw a reference somewhere that 3D checkout requires a phone number. Can anybody verify?

I'll let you know if they come up with a fix.

Comment

The phone number is a required field, so the customer must enter it either during checkout or at the paypal checkout.

We have a KB article outlining how you should setup your paypal account to make sure phone number is asked during paypal checkout.

https://support.3dcart.com/index.php...barticleid=160
        ----------------------------
        Gonzalo Gil
        3dCart Support
        800-828-6650 x111

Comment

Checkout Issue

Thanks for the reply. I just changed the setting on Paypal account to phone number required. Hopefully, this will resolve that issue once and for all. Is this because the order form information is populated by Paypal and not 3D?

Paypal suggests that you turn the option off as having it required "can result in a negative customer experience". Reading that as you're setting up the Paypal account makes most people want to check the "not required" button unless you *know* not to do that. When I first set up my Paypal account, there was no documentation available as to how to do it. There is now a lot of documentation available on almost everything and that's great. 3D has come a long way since I first came on board.

Comment

Originally posted by GonzaloGil View Post
            The phone number is a required field, so the customer must enter it either during checkout or at the paypal checkout.

We have a KB article outlining how you should setup your paypal account to make sure phone number is asked during paypal checkout.

https://support.3dcart.com/index.php...barticleid=160
            Thanks for this info, I didn't know about it. I just went in and changed it for our PayPal account.

We don't often have problems with the phone number, but we have in the past so I'm hoping this will fix it!

Comment

If you do not want to require a phone number another way to fix this is to remove the phone number requirement by editing checkout step 3. See the link below for instructions on removing the javascript that checks for the phone number.

http://forums.3dcart.com/new-feature...quirement.html
              Nathan
              www.YourCableStore.com

Comment

Working...
              X