Import Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Import Questions

I am trying to figure out how to import a few things maybe I'm just over looking them. The first is how do I import H x W x D fields in the shipping options? I tried exporting the products and adding it there and reimporting but that didn't work. Also is there there a way to import individual product features, so far I have only been able to import them in on of the boxes and then manually have to copy paste add new on each product which takes a while.
    www.barrelsandbins.com
    www.everythingreenstore.com

if you do a product export, you can download a sheet with a lot more columns. Just delete everything below the first row and use that sheet. Some fields require zeros (no) or ones (yes) like "free shipping" and "hide"

Comment

We use custom import sets for the fields we are looking to update. You have to include the catalog id and the product name fields, and then add the fields you want to edit. There are a few tricks to doing this right, but once you get it figured out it is a HUGE time saver. The most important things is that you should never import the csv file with empty columns. Doing that will erase all of the data in those fields. That is why we only export the fields we need to edit (along with the catalog id and product name and sku), add/change the data down the spreadsheet, then import the edited file. The custom import set feature has a drown down menu where you select the fields you want to change/add. The height, width, and depth are separate columns, but they are all in there. Also, just in case you are using a Mac computer, you have to save the csv file as a Windows Comma Separated file, not just as a Comma Separated Values file (which is the default option on MS Office for Mac) or it will not import your data. I hope that helps!
      Laura Z
      Brass & Silver Traditions
      www.brassandsilvertraditions.com

Comment

That helps a bunch thank you this will save me lots of time awesome
        www.barrelsandbins.com

Comment

How do the product feature tables go? I cant seem to figure out how to export those. is it prodfeature, prodfeature1 or prodfeature_1 and so on?
          www.barrelsandbins.com

Comment

I am not positive about the product features because we added that to our site yet. I do see that the sample file has just the one prodfeauture, and nothing else. The knowledge base article doesn't cover that one either. I am sure Support would know that if you email or call them and ask.

Anybody know the answer?
            Laura Z
            Brass & Silver Traditions
            www.brassandsilvertraditions.com

Comment

There is a PDF on this:

https://support.3dcart.com/index.php...loaditemid=121

Basically the file looks like

Product ID | Feature

If 1 item has 10 features there will be 10 lines on that file for that item the left column repeating the same item id.
              ----------------------------
              Gonzalo Gil
              3dCart Support
              800-828-6650 x111

Comment

oh ok I think I got it, time to give it a try thanks
                www.barrelsandbins.com

Comment

Working...
                X