Any fix for gift certificate issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any fix for gift certificate issue?

After a gift certificate is applied to an order and the customer completes checking out, the e-mailed invoice shows the total amount and not the adjusted amount.. Causes a lot of questions and complaints from customers..

Any way to fix this?

Thanks,

Mark

I've asked for this before too. The answer that I got was that the system considers the gift certificate just another form of cash, so it won't display. I would love to see that configured a different way too--get accused all the time of not applying the gift certificate to the order.

Comment

X3. Doesn't make any sense to me either.

DaveW

Comment

Originally posted by DaveW View Post
        X3. Doesn't make any sense to me either.

DaveW
        The more we can clarify things for customers that happier they are and the less customer service effort we have to put in.

Please fix this 3d. Thank you.

Comment

I'd like this too!

Comment

We get emails like this each day:

"When I ordered my veils, I entered my $5.00 coupon code, GC0xxxxx. The copy I printed said my total was $109.98, now I am being charged $114.98. You did not take off the $5.00 coupon code. I would appreciate some help with this matter. If you need me to make a copy of my receipt, I will be glad to send it to you."

And that is one of the nicer ones. Just don't understand why this can't be implemented. It causes a lot of confusion for the customer--I'd be confused too and probably not so nice as the lady in this email

Comment

We've come up with a solution for this which will allow you to reflect both order totals and gift certificate balance on the order confirmation emails to help ease any possible confusion and frustration.

We've added the following KB article which contains the coding necessary to implement this on your email templates.

To view the KB article please go to https://support.3dcart.com/index.php...barticleid=455

Incidentally, the coding listed in the KB article is based upon the default templates that 3dcart already supplies. So, if your current email templates are highly customized already, you may just want to copy the new block of code that was added to the KB example. (See below)

To access the email templates, go to Settings =>Design =>Emails and look for the templates listed under "Orders Emails." The main one you'll want to edit is the "New Order - Customer" template, but you can also apply this to the other customer facing status emails if you'd like.

For the Text Content section, add the following after "Total: [orderamount]."

Code:
              <!--START: GIFTCERTS-->[shoppingcart_giftcertificate]:  [GIFTCERTS]									
              [shoppingcart_balance] Due: [BALANCE]
              <!--END: GIFTCERTS-->
              For the HTML Content section, add the following after " <b>Total:</b> [orderamount]"

Code:
              <!--START: GIFTCERTS-->
                      <p><b>[shoppingcart_giftcertificate]: [GIFTCERTS]<b><b><br>
              										<b>[shoppingcart_balance] Due:</b> </b></b>[BALANCE]</p>
              <!--END: GIFTCERTS-->
              This additional coding will display Gift Certificate usage and remaining balance on the order email when a gift certificate is used.

Comment

Thanks so much! That works! :)

Comment

Working...
                X