Tracking numbers - not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tracking numbers - not working

I have used 3dcart for 4 years - and I'm sure that tracking always worked for me from the customer account or admin when I entered my tracking number manually - I use Endicia for Mac and enter each one manually at this time as I'm not sure if I can integrate this (Mac version). Now - I assume either I did something or the new cart version gives me an error message when I try tracking. I submitted a ticket and was told that "3rd party tracking numbers like endicia" cannot be tracked in the store and have to go to USPS. Anyone know if this is right? It used to work as i have done it many times - I'm not too happy if it now is "not supposed to work" Anyone have any answers or have this happen also?

My suspicion if it is not the new update is that I changed something that is causing it to not work....
    Pat Cotter

The Preemie Store

We are having this issue also, but only with USPS mail tracking numbers. Fedex works fine. This is a new store so I have no past experience with the tracking feature.

Comment

yes, same here - but we do our fedex right in the admin, and do USPS manually. I am wondering if its because I had to change to custom methods instead of USPS under shipping methods - have changed back to see if that works.... but the customer service guy told me that it never works with Endicia created tracking numbers which makes no sense to me - plus it used to work....
      Pat Cotter

The Preemie Store

Comment

We create our labels with endicia, but I've stripped off the beginning code from endicia and I still get the problem. Fedex tracking numbers are also imported, but give no problems. I am using the USPS shipping methods and have a USPS webtools account that returns live rates. If anybody has this working with USPS, please fill me in on what I might be doing wrong.

Comment

We ONLY ship via USPS and we also manually add the tracking numbers. The USPS tracking WAS working for us as of yesterday, but checking it today it is NOT working.

When I click on the little "?" beside the tracking number in Admin and it opens the tracking page on my website, not only is it NOT opening the USPS tracking page, the Error message that shows up on the error page is not populating!!!

It says: The tracking system returned the following error : [errormsg]

This is NOT good. :( I'm going to submit a ticket on this. Has anyone else yet?

Jennie

Comment

I did submit one and was told that it never worked for "3rd party" tracking numbers like Endicia.... I got the same error. I have used this for 4 years and it always worked before. I posted here because I was pretty sure the guy who answered the ticket was wrong.
            Pat Cotter

The Preemie Store

Comment

It's so frustrating when something used to work and now all of a sudden it doesn't!!! I've had that happen to me before!

I just submitted a ticket and will report back here when I know something. I hope this gets fixed soon!!

-J

Comment

Ok, just heard that the person gave me the wrong information - Endicia SHOULD work fine - they asked if I had any old orders that track so they can see when it started - but when I look at old orders I get the same error - if anyone has a different experience, let them know. And if you know exactly when this started, let them know that and they can look at changes made by them or the Post Office or Endicia....

At least now they are working on it - several people started tickets on it.
                Pat Cotter

The Preemie Store

Comment

I've got a ticket for this also. worked before 3.2 or template update. Some older orders will track still. We use USPS only.

Mark

Comment

We are seeing this issue also. USPS doesn't work, although UPS appears to work fine.
                    www.stsi.com
                    Network Infrastructure and Fiber Optics (AMP/Tyco, APC, Belden, Corning, Hubbell, Leviton, Ortronics, Panduit), Audio, Computer, and Video Cables, and much more!

Comment

Did anyone who uses endicia, see the notice on their webpage (when you login) about some customers experiencing connectivity issues that they are looking into?

hoog

Comment

Thank you for your notes and for posting this. We were not aware of the issue until receiving these postings and trouble tickets. Thank you all sincerely for bringing it to our attention.

Based on these postings as well as notices from other customers, we discovered an issue yesterday with the tracking script that was not passing information correctly onto USPS' tracking function. It was only affecting USPS shipment tracking.

We have isolated the problem and we are in the final stages of correcting it on our test environment. The corrected scripting will be updated to all of our sites in the next few hours. If you still notice the issue occurring this afternoon (EST) please let us know immediately.

Again, thank you all for bringing this to our attention.

Comment

Thank you, Henry. The USPS tracking now works for us. :D

Comment

Working...
                          X