Quick Search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Search

Love the quick search for our site but am disappointed with the image it brings up. We sell watch bands so our images are long and not very tall. The quick search takes that whole image and squeezes it down which makes the image of no value when it pops up.

Can this be changed somehow? Like maybe to show the thumbnail image instead of the actual large product image?

The thumbnail images would be much better anyway as they are already made smaller and any squeezing would be minimal.

Also, when the quick search pops up with products it only shows 3 of them. Most times there could be 50 or 100 products with that keyword. is it possible to add at the bottom of the three listings a link that could be inserted to say "More offerings ..." or something like that so it is much less confusing to the customer?

Right now if I were a customer that didn't know better when I search for Crocodile and see only three options pop up I would think that is all there is. When in fact we have at least 244 items that match that term. And we don't have all our products online yet!

And last, when someone types their search term in and presses enter the search doesn't happen. Why not? Can this be changed?

Thanks for all the help.

Ken
    www.WatchbandSolutions.com

Will no longer be using Quick Search on the store front.

I guess no one has figured this out and 3dcart isn't interested.

What a waste. We are reverting back to the old search function. Quick search is not a feature or benefit if it doesn't work well and 3dcart won't help with it.

Hey, 3dcart, it's time to take this off your list of features - it's worthless. It's worthless since there is no support for it and no options to make it work properly.

Ken
    www.watchbandsolutions.com

Comment

Originally posted by watchdr View Post
      Also, when the quick search pops up with products it only shows 3 of them. Most times there could be 50 or 100 products with that keyword. is it possible to add at the bottom of the three listings a link that could be inserted to say "More offerings ..." or something like that so it is much less confusing to the customer?

Right now if I were a customer that didn't know better when I search for Crocodile and see only three options pop up I would think that is all there is. When in fact we have at least 244 items that match that term. And we don't have all our products online yet!
      I only have a partial answer for your issue. I would suggest that you submit a ticket to see if you can get some answers for the other issues you raised since it's easier for 3dCart to respond to an issue that way rather than having to wade through all forum posts.

If you go to the Knowledge Base article on using Quick Search you will see that there is an option to increase the number of items that show up in the Quick Search results. It's right under the check box where you turn Quick Search off.

I know that doesn't fully solve your problem, but it's a start. We don't have a huge array of products on our site so we've not come across this issue but I can see how it would be a headache!

Again, I encourage you to submit a ticket with pretty much the info you listed in your first post and give 3dCart the opportunity to address it.

Let me know how it goes....
      Jennie

Comment

We've turned off Quick Search too

Ken, I want to thank you for starting this topic. We had never really explored the Quick Search option and didn't even realize the limitations until you pointed them out.

We have since turned off Quick Search for our website too. Until there is the option for a customer to "View more offerings" AND be able to simply press enter (which should take them to the search results page) we will not be using this new feature.

Also, I have since noticed limitations on the Quick Search function in Admin. Not all products are showing up when I type in a search term which is pretty useless.

I'll let you know what happens....

Thanks again,
        Jennie

Comment

Need Sale Price on Quick Search

I personally like this feature with all its limitations. However I think it should be revisited and revised by 3dcart: Wish List:

1. show sale price, not full price. The customer needs to see the lowest price offered.
          2. Enter Key should work for full search results
          3. a notice at the bottom of the Quick Search results : Hit enter for more, or click for more results, or something like that.

Comment

Working...
          X