How can my customers log out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can my customers log out?

My customers are able to log in to quickly use their ordering information, but i can't see any option for them to log out. Is there a way to integrate this feature in the store? One of the customers contacted us because she is on a public computer and does not want her information available for just anyone to get to.

Thanks in advance for your help!

If when they're logged in they click on My Account, they'll see:

Welcome Back, Soandso
    If you're not Soandso, click here

Clicking here will log them out.

Comment

How can my customers log out

Thanks!

For some reason we did not have "my Account" enabled in our main menus. That fixed the problem!

Comment

We do have a dedicated 'log out' link in our menu that works very well. If you need the code let me know and I will dig it up.

Comment

Originally posted by CustomTractSource View Post
          Thanks!

For some reason we did not have "my Account" enabled in our main menus. That fixed the problem!
          Quick question, where do you enable this item as we also have no way to have someone log out.

Comment

Check: Settings->Design->Site Content

There should be a Menu Link to My Account that is probably set to hidden.

jhb

Comment

Originally posted by jhb View Post
              Check: Settings->Design->Site Content

There should be a Menu Link to My Account that is probably set to hidden.

jhb
              Thanks for the info but we do not have this on our site as it was designed by 3dcart - this was not on it,

Comment

Originally posted by mueller View Post
                We do have a dedicated 'log out' link in our menu that works very well. If you need the code let me know and I will dig it up.
                Hey Mueller...can you tell me what code you used and where you put it? I was hoping to just add "or would like to Log-Out..." but everytime I do anything in the myaccount template, the spacing gets all thrown off and even if I put in the <br>, it doesn't help :(

Thanks,
                J-Lynn

Comment

Hi JLynn, we had the image/button designed in when the site was set up so we did not add it by hand. You could add any text, graphic, etc. and the set up a link using the following to create a log out link:
                  Code:
                  <a href="logout.asp">
                  Sorry I can't explain exactly how to get this in without upsetting the frame. Are you using one of the standard templates or are you using something custom?

Comment

Unfortunately - it's either working the template or on notepad and uploading but I always seem to have trouble with it. I thought this would be a quick fix LOL.

Anything I did in the template, upset the my account frame - added spaces at the top or squished things together. So I wound up just adding the text that I wanted so it reads "If you're not so&so, or would like to LOG OUT, [click here]. I manually added in a space at the top of the template, then just increased my cell padding to "2" and the cell spacing to "3". It's certainly not perfect in terms of having that extra space between the sections...but it's functional and looks a lot better than when I started. Anyways - as always, thanks for the quick reply!
                    J

Comment

Working...
                    X