Getting h1 tags to work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting h1 tags to work

does anyone know if there is a setting to make the product title an h1 tag? what would be the best way of doing this?

Hi guod,

I'm not sure I understood the question correctly, but I think you mean adding an H1 tag to the product name so it displays bigger in the product listings, correct?

The simplest solution to this would be to go to Products =>View/Edit and select the product you'd like to edit, and simply add the h1 tags (open and close) to it's "Name" field.

The nice thing about the name field is that it will take basic HTML formatting, so adding the <h1> & </h1> tags to it should work.

Now this solution would be to edit product names at the individual level. If you'd like to apply the edit to all of your products, then the listing template is the place to go.

To do this, you would go into the template editor section and edit your listing_x.html page to include the H1 tags just before and after the [name] tag.

Below is an example of the listing_0.html template with this change.

Code:
      <!--END: CATEGORY_HEADER-->
      <tr>
        <td class="page_headers" width="90%"><h1>[name]</h1></td>
        <td align="right"><table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="3" border="0">
            <tr>
    The listing template you edit will depend on the listing style your products use. Below is a quick "cheat sheet" I created for your reference on which template controls which style.

Code:
    =========================
    PRODUCT LISTING TEMPLATES
    =========================

Default - listing_0.html
    Style 1 - listing_0.html
    Style 2 - listing_1.html
    Style 3 - listing_2.html
    Style 4 - listing_3.html

Comment

perfect. this is exactly what i was looking for.

thanks

the only thing i am confused about is you said default is listing_0 and style 1 is listing_0. are they the same thing?
      Last edited by guod; 08-11-2010, 02:53 PM.

Comment

You may need to clear your store cache to see the changes. STORE>SETTINGS>GENERAL and it's at the very bottom of the page.
        HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
          You may need to clear your store cache to see the changes. STORE>SETTINGS>GENERAL and it's at the very bottom of the page.
          HTH
          got it. thanks for the tip

Comment

Help with &lt;h1&gt; tags

Henry I hope you are the one to reply to this posting. I tried all weekend to implement as you mention here http://forums.3dcart.com/general-con...tags-work.html , <h1> tags. I tried both ways, doing in the "title name" for each product and then also in the listing template around [name] and it doesn't look quite right. My issue is font sizing if I followed instructions by putting it in the listing template etc. and then if I tried doing it in each product page, then the thumbnail images showing for the product on the Category pages went off page and/or coding was showing. Can you provide any more details on how to implement <h1> tags? Would you be able to look at my website to provide better guidance? Thanks in advance!

Comment

Hi!

This thread is "somewhat" outdated at this point. Recent enhancements to 3dcart have included H1 tags being automatically generated for most templates. Your HTML is most likely generating H1 tags for your Page Name. If you have very customized templates, there is a possibility that this is not happening. You can check by going to any page of your website, and right clicking on the page. You should see an option for "view source". The HTML should load in a text document. You can do "find" or ctrl+f and search for H1. You should see something like this...

<h1 class="page_headers">Page Title Here</h1>

This is an H1 tag with a CSS class.

Some "BOTS" that crawl your site may tell you that you are missing H1 tags, but this is simply because they are probably programmed to look for <H1> without the CSS, but search engines will read this as H1.

Comment

missing homepage h1 tags

Any reason why these h1 tags are not showing up on my homepage?

Comment

h1 tags on home page

Well, it just a guess on my part as I don't claim to be an expert, but I had to add the h1 tag myself to the home page, as I don't think the platform automatically generates them for the home page.

Comment

Originally posted by 3dJoe View Post
                    Hi!

This thread is "somewhat" outdated at this point. Recent enhancements to 3dcart have included H1 tags being automatically generated for most templates. Your HTML is most likely generating H1 tags for your Page Name. If you have very customized templates, there is a possibility that this is not happening. You can check by going to any page of your website, and right clicking on the page. You should see an option for "view source". The HTML should load in a text document. You can do "find" or ctrl+f and search for H1. You should see something like this...

<h1 class="page_headers">Page Title Here</h1>

This is an H1 tag with a CSS class.

Some "BOTS" that crawl your site may tell you that you are missing H1 tags, but this is simply because they are probably programmed to look for <H1> without the CSS, but search engines will read this as H1.
                    3dJoe - I tried doing this on my website on different pages (home, product, category). None of them showed anything with h1 in it. So it looks like I do not have h1 tags. Do I have to add them myself for each product?

Sunshine Daydream Hippie Shop
                    www.sunshinedaydream.biz

Comment

I can not get my home page H1 to work, any tips on where to put them?

Comment

Working...
                      X