Trying to create a PopUp Window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to create a PopUp Window

I've looked through the Forum to see if there was already a thread, but didn't really find anything that seemed to fit.

I want to be able to have my customers click on a link to open a separate window that will display promo info. The problem is, that whenever the link is clicked, instead of opening JUST the promo.html page that I created, it opens the entire home page within the new "pop up" window.

I'm sure this can be done, I just can't figure out how. For example, when you have enough reviews on a product page you can click "Read All Reviews". The tag for this in the product page code is [review_link].

When you click on it, a new window opens showing ONLY the reviews, not the whole website frame. The page that opens is product_review_list.html

Has anyone had any success with this?

Jennie

We used to use this code to have a button that opened a page in a new window:
    <!-- Add Button BEGIN -->
    <input type="button" style text-decoration:none" ONCLICK="window.open ('/yourpagenamehere.html')" value="Your Page Name" class="btn" onMouseOver="this.className='btn_over'" onMouseOut="this.className='btn'">
    <!-- Add Button END -->

You can substitute anything you choose, for the page link. For example, it could also be used to call up a pdf. Just replace /yourpagename.html with /assets/pdfs/example.pdf

Hope this helps.

Also, on the site content page of your newly created page, you can specifiy the target, ie: "_blank" or self, etc..
    And I think, on the titles content section, I think you can specifiy whether or not there is a side banner (left, right, none or both)
    Last edited by concession-supply.com; 08-12-2010, 06:36 PM.
    www.concession-supply.com

Comment

Working...
    X