No ftp access to common folder!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No ftp access to common folder!

Why do we no longer have access to the common folder?
    :confused:
    www.concession-supply.com

I am guessing as a safety precaution. Items in the "common" folder can be overwritten when 3dcart does any upgrades. Plus it guarantees copies of the original files since we don't have access to overwrite.

You can FTP things out of it, and then create a new folder elsewhere, but then you have to change the path EVERYWHERE it is referenced. I actually have found not having access to the "common" folder to be a bit of a pain, although I do understand the logic.

Comment

If I remember correctly you don't have to worry about the path. If there is a filename.html in the common folder, and you create a filename.html in the folder for the theme you are using, the system will instantly start using the version you created.

Comment

At a point in time, there were a few files that were only used from the common folder regardless of your template. Not sure if all of those have been corrected or not. If there is NO reason to ever access the common folder for such instance, I also understand the logic.

Comment

If there is a filename.html in the common folder, and you create a filename.html in the folder for the theme you are using, the system will instantly start using the version you created.
          Execuse the newbie question, but where is the theme folder. And can you put the file anywere in that folder??

Comment

It's under web/assets/templates
            There's a folder for each pre-made template, put the file in the folder for the template you are using.

Comment

Originally posted by cbsteven View Post
              If I remember correctly you don't have to worry about the path. If there is a filename.html in the common folder, and you create a filename.html in the folder for the theme you are using, the system will instantly start using the version you created.
              Yes, for HTML files, but I have not seen this to be true for image files.

Comment

Working...
              X