Catergory id?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catergory id?

We want to have the New Releases show on our facebook page but the only way to do this looks like knowing the category id. Where do we find this?

Thanks,
    Ken

Go to a category page. Look at the URL. The number at the end is the category ID.

Code:
    http://www.YourSite.com/Your-Category_c_12345.html

Comment

We use the category id in some custom code we use. Most helpful is the ability the export the categories for a listing of all the category ids. Go to products import/export and look for the category section. Great timesaver! :)
      www.concession-supply.com

Comment

Wow!! Why do I have 78,588 records for categories?

Does this sound right? I can't see how searching through 78,588 category listings could be a time saver. I must be missing something.

Ken

Comment

The number didn't work. The id number is 90703 but it doesn't bring up any products.

Has anyone else tried to show just one category of products?

Thanks,
          Ken

Comment

On the same note, what do we do if we have given the pages custom file names? The category doesn't have a number any longer.
            Last edited by rrw; 08-15-2010, 08:02 PM.

Comment

That's a lot of categories!
              Since you have SO many sub categories, you would need to sort you export on the category_parent field to locate the top level categories. These woul have a parent id of 0

Also, I don't think the New Relases is a category proper. I think it is a date field in the product export that determines new releases.
              www.concession-supply.com

Comment

Working...
              X