XML API - Advanced Options?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XML API - Advanced Options?

We have a programmer working on software to automate updating of inventory between our fulfillment house and 3dcart, but all 3dcart's API doc seems to touch upon is productid (page 20-21 in the API document).

How would we handle updating quantities of products with options (sizes, colors etc.)? We are setting up all products with options as advance options, so could we use the AO_Sufix field somehow?

Has anyone done this?
    ________
    Expert Insurance
    Last edited by RJC; 05-11-2011, 10:36 AM.

Automatic Updating of Inventory

Originally posted by RJC View Post
    We have a programmer working on software to automate updating of inventory between our fulfillment house and 3dcart, but all 3dcart's API doc seems to touch upon is productid (page 20-21 in the API document).

How would we handle updating quantities of products with options (sizes, colors etc.)? We are setting up all products with options as advance options, so could we use the AO_Sufix field somehow?

Has anyone done this?
    I am curious how this is coming. We have done the same thing but are lacking one important feature. We did the same thing as you did (every product has an advanced option) and are updating inventory daily. However, what we can't update is the prices of an individual SKU. We should talk. Can you drop me an e-mail at [email protected]? Our store is at www.rutabaga.com.

Comment

does any of you figured out this, im trying to do the same software, but im stuck on the product options as well

Comment

You need to used the advanced API, that gives you full database access and you can manipulate the product options, prices, advanced options quantities, etc. I don't believe it is possible with the regular API.

Comment

yeah i did it, and the software is working now, advanced API helped a lot

Comment

Working...
          X