offline payment option visibility?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• offline payment option visibility?

Does anyone know if there is a way to have an offline payment method only visible for phone orders?

I want to create an offline payment method for cash transactions if a customer walks into our physical store. I want this payment method available to all "customer groups" who exist in the database. I only want this payment method available for "phone orders" and not on my web store.
    Last edited by bcteal; 08-24-2010, 03:42 PM.

Offline payment methods

I have watched the Training videos, but the offline payment methods we set up for phone orders (hidden from customers, available only to us) are not showing under billing when we create orders in 3DCart.

What do I need to do to correct this?

thanks,
    Melissa

The Watch Prince

Comment

Yep, I'd be interested in knowing how to properly set this up too. Just had an order today that I needed this for. My quick-and-dirty solution was to BRIEFLY activate the online payment under another browser tab, then jump back to the phone order tab, finish the order, and then jump back to the offline payments screen on the 2nd browser tab and inactivate that payment method again. There's got to be an easier way to have payment methods available to Admins that aren't available to the general customers. :(

Comment

Oh wait! I might have figured it out...

Go to your Offline payments. Uncheck the "hide" box and then click save. As soon as you unhide the payment method, you get a bunch of other options displayed onscreen. One of them is "Customer Group". Click that and choose "Phone Orders". Then save the payment method. I have done a brief test and once I did that, the payment method is not showing up for online orders. Am testing with a phone order next...

Comment

Further testing shows that the phone order *does show* the offline payment method choice if I set it up the way I just described (but doesn't show it for online store shopping customers), so it looks like this is a solution to the problem I had earlier today. :)

Comment

Originally posted by piaf View Post
            Oh wait! I might have figured it out...

Go to your Offline payments. Uncheck the "hide" box and then click save. As soon as you unhide the payment method, you get a bunch of other options displayed onscreen. One of them is "Customer Group". Click that and choose "Phone Orders". Then save the payment method. I have done a brief test and once I did that, the payment method is not showing up for online orders. Am testing with a phone order next...
            Finally got back to this, this worked for us also.

Thank you!!
            Melissa

The Watch Prince

Comment

Working...
            X