Facebook Fan Page - No Products Available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facebook Fan Page - No Products Available

I have set up my Facebook Fan Page, installed the 3D-Cart application, but when I go to the fan page, it says "No Products Available".

Not sure how to get the items to populate the FB page.

Here is the Fan Page
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...pp_30729455954

I followed the instructions, but still no products.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm having the same problem trying to set my Facebook Online Store up. I have a Business (Fan) page set up and when I click the tab for the online store, the browser just churns and churns and nothing is ever displayed.

Apparently Facebook has made some recent changes, so the Knowledge Base document found at http://www.3dcart.com/downloads/lear...cebook_App.pdf doesn't quite match up with the way you access stuff on Facebook anymore and some of the options aren't even available anymore.

Can someone address the question here or do I need to create a customer support ticket for this? My Facebook business page can be found at: http://www.facebook.com/wiccanwaycom

Comment

Whoops, I fixed it! Followed the instructions I found at https://support.3dcart.com/index.php...barticleid=441. Products are now being displayed on my Facebook business page.

Edit: Additional information about this... if you have to make any changes to the settings, do it in the Apps on your PERSONAL page FIRST, then save those settings on your business/fan page. It doesn't seem to like it if you make the changes the other way around (fan then personal).
      Last edited by piaf; 11-18-2010, 04:54 PM.

Comment

Ok, new question related to the Facebook Online Store... I'm trying to use a selected category to display products in the FB store. The category I'm selecting utilizes the Smart Category Top 50 New Releases. However, when I select that category number, I get a No Products Available error message in my Facebook store. Is there a way to use these SmartCategories in the FB store?

Comment

Originally posted by piaf View Post
          Ok, new question related to the Facebook Online Store... I'm trying to use a selected category to display products in the FB store. The category I'm selecting utilizes the Smart Category Top 50 New Releases. However, when I select that category number, I get a No Products Available error message in my Facebook store. Is there a way to use these SmartCategories in the FB store?
          Anyone from 3dCart that has an answer to this question?

Comment

Hello Piaf,

Unfortunately, the smart categories will not work with Facebook listings.

The Facebook product listings are basically controlled and displayed via RSS feeds, which are somewhat static in nature. Essentially, the Facebook feed displays category products that are physically referenced within the category. (i.e. Product A belongs to Category B)

The Smart Categories, on the other hand, are more dynamic in nature. The products displayed in a Smart Category aren't physically referenced in the category at all. Instead, parameters of the product are referenced. In other words; Category A displays products with n in the [date available] field, thereby creating a display of newest products.

Since the products aren't really physically in the category, the Facebook application doesn't have a way to display them, so Smart Categories will - unfortunately - not work with the set up.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Comment

Henry,
              Thank you for that information. Now a followup question... what is the limit of products that can be displayed in the Facebook Online Store? I went ahead and added a bunch of products to a new category I created called "Facebook" which is hidden in my web store. But when I use that category to populate my Facebook store, I find that a large number of the products are not displaying. So is there a limitation as the the number of products that will display in the Facebook version of my store?

Comment

It's interesting that we never fully tested this until now...

You've inspired a new KB article. :)

I uploaded 100 test products (named Facebook 1, Facebook 2, etc) to my test store and referenced them on my Facebook setup just to see where they might get cut off.

There appears to be a hard limit of...

[drum-roll]....

49 products on the Facebook application.

Being as it was such a random, odd number, I asked the developers about this and I was informed that anything over 50 products could potentially cause connection issues - between Facebook and the store. Therefore, a conscious decision was made to keep the number at 49.

My personal suggestion would be to actually limit yourself to 48 products, since this would divide evenly into any of the column display options available on the App.

For example, 3 columns of 48 products will be 16 rows, while a 2 column display would show an even 24 rows.

Comment

I feel honored to have been the inspiration for a KB article! LOL! Thanks for more thoroughly checking that out and I'll go revamp my Facebook category selections so that they're all included in the Facebook store. Appreciate the help! :)

Comment

Working...
                  X