Virtual Terminal Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virtual Terminal Problem

Has anyone else experienced problems using the 3dCart virtual terminal? Every time we use this, the customer is charged twice. Tech Support says that according to their server logs, we are clicking the button twice causing the duplicate charge. The problem with that is that we are NOT doing this. So, something is amiss, but we aren't sure what to do about it. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this?
    Laura Z
    Brass & Silver Traditions
    www.brassandsilvertraditions.com

Originally posted by brassandsilver View Post
    Has anyone else experienced problems using the 3dCart virtual terminal? Every time we use this, the customer is charged twice. Tech Support says that according to their server logs, we are clicking the button twice causing the duplicate charge. The problem with that is that we are NOT doing this. So, something is amiss, but we aren't sure what to do about it. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this?
    YES! We are having EXACTLY the same problem. And 3dcart is telling us the SAME THING! There is definitely a problem of some sort.
    www.stsi.com
    Network Infrastructure and Fiber Optics (AMP/Tyco, APC, Belden, Corning, Hubbell, Leviton, Ortronics, Panduit), Audio, Computer, and Video Cables, and much more!

Comment

Thank goodness we are not the only ones. I knew something wasn't right, but it is good to hear that ours is not an isolated issue. Hopefully tech support can figure it out for us. The VT is a really useful function if it will work properly.
      Laura Z

Comment

Thank goodness we are not the only ones. I knew something wasn't right, but it is good to hear that ours is not an isolated issue. Hopefully tech support can figure it out for us. The VT is a really useful function if it will work properly.
        I agree. Now that there are (at least) two of us having the same problem, perhaps tech support will spend the time necessary to figure out what is going on. We actually had to stop using the 3dcart virtual terminal entirely, because customers were not happy that their credit cards got charged twice. Please let us know if you get it solved.
        www.stsi.com
        Network Infrastructure and Fiber Optics (AMP/Tyco, APC, Belden, Corning, Hubbell, Leviton, Ortronics, Panduit), Audio, Computer, and Video Cables, and much more!

Comment

One more thing I should mention. We use Auth and Capture. Our speculation was that 3dcart wasn't handling this properly, causing a double capture.
          www.stsi.com

Comment

Happiness! Tech Support just told us that they have fixed this issue. They seem to be maintaining their position that we are clicking multiple times, which was a little irksome because that is untrue, but at least they have solved the problem. They made a change that will block multiple clicks made by either the system itself or a user, so the second charge will not complete either way. Let me know if you have any more problems with this, please, and I will post again if it isn't resolved for us.
            Laura Z

Comment

Happiness! Tech Support just told us that they have fixed this issue. They seem to be maintaining their position that we are clicking multiple times, which was a little irksome because that is untrue, but at least they have solved the problem. They made a change that will block multiple clicks made by either the system itself or a user, so the second charge will not complete either way. Let me know if you have any more problems with this, please, and I will post again if it isn't resolved for us.
              Fantastic! Thanks for letting me know. I'll reopen our ticket, and see if they can make the change for us, too. They also told us that we were clicking multiple times, which was untrue for us as well. (It seems to me that their system should prevent multiple clicks in any event...) Thanks again! You have made my data entry person VERY happy. She was ecstatic when I read her your original post.
              www.stsi.com

Comment

Oh. My. Goodness. So, this problem has not been corrected. I reopened our ticket, and have still been using the virtual terminal every so often just to prove that I am not insane. Every time we use it, the charge is duplicated. Every. Time. I am so frustrated, and tech support has nothing to say yet. Ugh.
                Laura Z

Comment

Oh. My. Goodness. So, this problem has not been corrected. I reopened our ticket, and have still been using the virtual terminal every so often just to prove that I am not insane. Every time we use it, the charge is duplicated. Every. Time. I am so frustrated, and tech support has nothing to say yet. Ugh.
                  Laura,

Do you have an update on this issue?

Thanks!
                  www.stsi.com

Comment

Well, I am not sure. Below is the most recent response I have received from Support. I have not attempted to use the VT again yet, though, so I don't know if their most recent change will work or not. I'll keep you posted. Here is their message:
                    We apologize for the inconvenience you're having using the virtual terminal.
                    Please, note that we are making all efforts to get to the bottom of this issue and so far, what we've seen, is that the process request is being posted twice. That does not necessarily mean that you are clicking twice on the button, but it does mean that your browser, somehow, is requesting the transaction to be posted twice (with seconds apart from one another).
                    I've already implemented a javascript code to avoid double clicks.

However, the issue just happened even with that code in place. Because of that, I've changed the virtual terminal code so it won't allow 2 transactions to be posted in less than 30 seconds from one another.
                    So, this is a second layer of protection in order to avoid duplicate transactions in the future.

You can find the copy of both posts in the attached file, that's a snapshot of the web log we use to analyse the issues. It shows 2 different posts with seconds apart from one another.

Please, keep using the virtual terminal, and if you find any issues with it, just reply to this ticket and I'll take a look at it right away.
                    Laura Z

Comment

Well, I am not sure. Below is the most recent response I have received from Support. I have not attempted to use the VT again yet, though, so I don't know if their most recent change will work or not. I'll keep you posted. Here is their message:
                      Please, note that we are making all efforts to get to the bottom of this issue and so far, what we've seen, is that the process request is being posted twice. That does not necessarily mean that you are clicking twice on the button, but it does mean that your browser, somehow, is requesting the transaction to be posted twice (with seconds apart from one another).

However, the issue just happened even with that code in place. Because of that, I've changed the virtual terminal code so it won't allow 2 transactions to be posted in less than 30 seconds from one another.
                      So, this is a second layer of protection in order to avoid duplicate transactions in the future.

You can find the copy of both posts in the attached file, that's a snapshot of the web log we use to analyse the issues. It shows 2 different posts with seconds apart from one another.

Please, keep using the virtual terminal, and if you find any issues with it, just reply to this ticket and I'll take a look at it right away.

That's interesting. It is exactly the same behavior we were seeing. (Where the transaction posts twice within seconds.) At least they have stopped blaming the user for clicking the button twice, so there is hope of getting this fixed. I'm not sure I would use 30 seconds, though. I can see where a fast user could fix a problem and try to submit again within 30 seconds. (Perhaps 10 seconds would be a better compromise?)

Are you using Auth and Capture?
                      www.stsi.com

Comment

I'm really not convinced that this is a browser issue. (In fact, I'm pretty sure it is NOT a browser issue.) I wish they would focus on the back end, and try to figure out if there is any way that the back end could be posting twice. (Auth and Capture, anyone?)
                        www.stsi.com

Comment

Working...
                        X