Add to cart button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add to cart button

I know that this has been an issue from a few years back, but wanted to revisit to see if there have been any new updates or workarounds.

Currently, if you have a product without any options and the customer clicks the "Buy" button (I have renamed mine "Details") then the product will go straight into their cart without providing any product information.

The past work around has been to add a blank option to each product, without any choices. That will make the product description display. I have tried adding the blank option via a template in the advanced section of the category, as a global option for the category, but it doesn't seem to work consistently. Some products will still go straight to the cart, and I can't figure out why.

Can anyone tell me if there has been an update by 3d to fix this, or if there is another workaround that is more feasible that adding a blank category to every single product???

Originally posted by rrw View Post
    Can anyone tell me if there has been an update by 3d to fix this, or if there is another workaround that is more feasible that adding a blank category to every single product???
    I don't know if there has been an update, but another work around is to edit the category template (and any other template that has featured/related products on it) to either A) remove the "Buy" button altogether, or B) just remove the piece of code that makes it add to the cart (sorry, I can't think what that is exactly right now).

I wish there was a check box that you could either turn ON or OFF the "add to cart" function!

Hope that helps a bit, even if it's not really the solution you wanted!!
    Jennie

Comment

Thanks Jennie! :)

Does anyone have the code that I should change? I'd like for it to still display the button, but just automatically take the customer to the product detail page instead of adding it to the cart.

Comment

Working...
      X