RSS functionality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RSS functionality

We are examining bandwidth usage and find that the current leader in bandwidth usuage is rss.asp
    Can anyone tell me what this is and how to configure it?
    Thanks!

Try going into general store settings and check the Disable RSS feeds box. That should turn off your feeds.
    Laura Z
    Brass & Silver Traditions
    www.brassandsilvertraditions.com

Comment

Thanks,
      What would this affect? Does RSS affect sales and if so, how?
      Thanks! :)

Comment

Hi Mark,

RSS stands for "really simple syndication" and it's a feed on your site that features frequently updated material such as your sale items, home specials, new releases and blog postings.

RSS feeds allow viewers to "subscribe" to a feed in order to keep up to date on listings that are updated often. For example, CNN has two RSS feeds. one for top stories and one for recent stories.

To see your site's individual RSS feeds, go to your store front and look for an icon on your browser that looks like the following

https://images.3dcartstores.com/KB_i...2/FAQs/RSS.jpg

Most browsers have RSS readers built in - Firefox will usually display it to the right of the address bar while IE will show it in the tool bar menu.

Now, generally speaking, an RSS feed is simply a line item listing of your products and their thumbnail images. So to be honest, I'm a bit surprised that it would be taking up so much bandwidth. I'd be inclined to recommend creating a support ticket to investigate it further to make 100% sure there's nothing amiss.

However, in answer to your question, brassandsilver's advise is sound and you can simply disable the feeds if you'd like. It shouldn't affect your sales. It will simply keep viewers from subscribing to your RSS feeds.

Comment

Working...
        X