Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smartlists anyone using them successfuly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smartlists anyone using them successfuly?

I have tried to create a custom smartlist for a certain product followed the tutorial to a t on the support site and cannot get it to save without some kind of error telling me to correct. Would someone be so kind as to send me a sample smartlist with code for product id 600?

This may get me over the hump.
    Thanks

Try this:

Go to smartlists area
    Click Add smartlist, name it "Purchased 600"
    Now, edit it:

Click Advanced and on the big text box on the bottom copy & paste;

HTML Code:
    select distinct oemail as email from orders left join oitems on orders.orderid=oitems.orderid where (oitems.itemid=[field1] and orders.order_status=4 and odate>=[field2] and odate<=[field3])
    Before you save, on Field 1, enter 600, on Field 2 enter 1/1/2000, on field 3 enter 1/1/2012.

(Field 1 = Product Id, Field 2 = First date, Field 3 = Last date) so that would be customers that ordered product 600 anytime from 1/1/2000 to 1/1/2012
    ----------------------------
    Gonzalo Gil
    3dCart Support
    800-828-6650 x111

Comment

I did exactly what you just told me to a t. I get this error

ERROR FOUND: -2147217913
      Data type mismatch in criteria expression.

The SQL Statement has errors, click back to undo changes or correct the errors to continue

ive tried with various date formats including the one you just gave me and still had the same error.

Comment

I checked it out, the problem is that the system tries the execute the query to make sure that it actually works, and, if you have no products that match it will then generate an error. (In this case you have no orders with a product id of 600)

I went ahead and edited your test there and changed the ID to "K-942501-BK" , which is 1 of your products and it saved fine so definitely that's the problem.

Gonzalo
        Gonzalo Gil
        3dCart Support
        800-828-6650 x111

Comment

I just recently edited the items part number and I think the product Id was reissued is this possible? I have had many sales for this item in facts its my best seller it can be found at https://hanzoswords.3dcartstores.com....asp?catid=600

Also is it possible to create a smartlist for every person who has purchased out of a certain category?
          Last edited by hanzoswords; 09-23-2010, 11:03 PM.

Comment

Gonzalo when you get a moment can you reply to my previous questions in this thread? thanks

Comment

I see, yeah you are using the CATALOGID this is an internal ID that 3dcart uses. You want to use the product ID instead, in this case, that item's ID is "yc-s-367-y2"
              Gonzalo Gil
              3dCart Support
              800-828-6650 x111

Comment

Custom Smartlist

HI, How do i create a custom smartlist to target a customer group which have signed up between a certain date?

Comment

Working...
                X