Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Customers can't add items to cart (cache/cookie issues persist)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customers can't add items to cart (cache/cookie issues persist)

Every day we get at least one complaint from a customer who can't add an item to his/her cart. When they click to add an item to the cart, the site refreshes and nothing is in the cart. 99% of the time having them clear their cache or cookies solves the problem. However, this should not be happening. Why is this even a problem? It's painful to think how many customers leave our site, not being able to complete an order and never to return, just because the site doesn't work for them. Of course, neither 3dcart support or I can recreate the error to figure out the problem. So I'm writing here to see if anyone else is having these same complaints/issues?

We had this happen just once, this past weekend. Our customer kept trying to add to cart, but said it didn't work. On our end, we saw one Order Not Completed for each time they attempted to add an item to their cart. Same IP address, same item, over and over. We tried to resolve it with them, but the customer gave up and abandoned their cart. Frustrating, but for us it was an isolated incident.
    Laura Z
    Brass & Silver Traditions
    www.brassandsilvertraditions.com

Comment

We have that same issue on occasion also

Comment

4 customers today.

I've used a lot of shopping carts in the past, but have never seen an issue like this last so long.

Comment

We are still migrating our site, and this is worrisome. Any comments 3dcart?

Comment

I had the same issue in IE and FF with some cusomers and was able to replicate it on my system. Unfortunately support couldn't replicate it and once I cleared my system the error hasn't returned.

I share your concerns about this replicating and shoppers just moving on.

Comment

It's been a consistent problem since we started with 3dcart, but it seems more pronounced when the software is updated. Almost like there are conflicts with the cache/cookies with the two different versions.

It happens on Firefox, IE, Opera, Safari, and on Windows and OSX.

Comment

if you are using the inventory option make sure you have the correct inventory qty listed. If you have zero in stock the cart will act funny.

Comment

Unfortunately, it's not as simple as inventory. The customer can't add any products to the cart, nor login. Logging in has nothing to do with inventory. Clearing the cache/cookies shouldn't be linked to inventory on the site either. Got another two reports today.

Comment

Originally posted by wcsjohn View Post
                    Unfortunately, it's not as simple as inventory. The customer can't add any products to the cart, nor login. Logging in has nothing to do with inventory. Clearing the cache/cookies shouldn't be linked to inventory on the site either. Got another two reports today.
                    I've had reports of this today also and I was able to replicate the problem.

The bad thing is that, for me, Sunday and monday are typically my bussiest days and who knows how many customers I'm losing because of this.

I've opened a ticket but the last time I did for the same item they couldn't find a problem.

Comment

Still happening for us. Every single day.

Comment

Originally posted by wcsjohn View Post
                        Still happening for us. Every single day.
                        How are you testing it daily? Or are you just waiting for shoppers to call and report it.

Comment

Customers call and email to tell us there is a problem. I can't test because I can't recreate the problem. If it was a rare thing, I'd chaulk it up to a glitch or a customer not using the site correctly. But it happens every day, sometimes we get multiple reports in a day.

Comment

I get several emails and calls from customers stating this same complaint. Why is this happening? Anyone from 3dcart know the answer to this? This is a real issue, not just an isolated case. With as competative as todays marketplace is this should not be happening! :mad:

Comment

We just had this happen again this morning. I spoke with Tech Support about this for a while. What they said is that they believe this issue is caused by the customer's security settings on their computer. If they have cookies disabled on their systems, then the shopping cart will not be functional? I'm not sure what to think of that, as we never saw this happen on our previous platform.
                              Laura Z
                              Brass & Silver Traditions
                              www.brassandsilvertraditions.com

Comment

Working...
                              X