.png support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .png support

Does 3D Cart support .PNG files for product images? It seems that when I upload them, they don't maintain their transparency, and it garbles up the backgrounds.

Do I have to use jpgs?

r

Png files

I have also been having a problem with this. I am using 3dzoom so not sure if this is the problem or not. The image has a transparent background but it shows up as a black background on the product page but as soon as you click on the image to enlarge it - shows up with a transparent background. Link to example of problem

I did put in a ticket asking support if you could use png images in 3dzoom and was told you could. I didn't pursue it as I thought maybe something was wrong with the image. I only have about 5 png images on my site. Maybe I need to revisit this issue.

Support Answer - Yes, 3dzoom should work with any image format that works on the web. I tested a PNG file here on this end and had no trouble using it with 3dzoom.

Comment

It's odd. When I upload the file, the transparency is kept. As soon as I update the product the transparency is removed and the image is altered.

I'm not using 3d zoom, I'm simply using Thickbox.

I have a feeling that they may not be able to handle png's correctly. I'll put in a ticket as well and report back.

r

Comment

I just received a response from 3dcart. While .pngs are supported, their transparencies are not.

r

Comment

Thanks for the update on this issue.

Comment

I am using transparent images on my 3d cart and they work fine, take a look at my logo, it's a png thats transparent

http://www.thesxsstore.com

Comment

We also have them on our site that work fine (logo for one).
              That being said I had this problem when I first started here and if I remember it was either transparecies from one of my photo programs and not the other or it was transparecies that I modified again and resaved that did this.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Halls View Post
                I am using transparent images on my 3d cart and they work fine, take a look at my logo, it's a png thats transparent

http://www.thesxsstore.com
                Even though your site is under construction, I would remove the "under construction" text.

There are a lot of articles out there showing how Google really hates to see sites that are up but say under construction. It can potentially hurt your indexing and ultimately your rankings.
                AC Tool Supply, Inc. - Chris / Jason (JJ)
                Insulation Machines
                Infrared Camera
                Blower Door

Comment

Working...
                X