Conversion of incomplete order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conversion of incomplete order

Can anyone tell me how they complete an incomplete order?

I thought that in the past, there was a way to view an incomplete order and click to open that order for completion manually. I could have sworn there used to be a way to do that, but now I'm unable to do so. It seems as though that was an option under actions or a separate button altogether.

Right under the IP address, there is a box titled Order Actions. One of the options there is Open Order. Clicking that takes you to the website with whatever info the customer entered still intact. We just use that, and complete the orders from the website directly.
    Laura Z
    Brass & Silver Traditions
    www.brassandsilvertraditions.com

Comment

The problem is that with orders in which the card was declined, or there is an error, clicking on the not completed order pulls up an order form that is completely filled in--just like a regular completed order--the link that is under the IP address for other not completed orders is not there. In the status at the top, the drop down box has "not completed", and there is no way to change the status.

I had a customer who ordered something that was on backorder--she cancelled the order, so we cancelled it on the site. Then she changed her mind and wanted to reinstate the order--there was no way to change the status from "cancelled", so we duplicated the order from the actions tab--however, it has the "not completed" status, since the card was never charged. Unfortunately, we have no way of now changing the "not completed" to "in process".

Comment

Huh, odd. We haven't ever tried to duplicate a canceled order, so I can't speak to that, but we have had orders with declined credit cards. When the customer calls and wants to complete those orders, the drop down menu does allow us to change the order to Unpaid. From there we can use the virtual terminal to complete it and move it to new. Do you not have that option with your duplicate order?
        Laura Z
        Brass & Silver Traditions
        www.brassandsilvertraditions.com

Comment

Hmmm . . . no, that isn't an option for us. The only thing in our dropdown box is "not completed". I wonder if there is a setting somewhere to include other items in the menu??? If not, guess it's time for a support ticket.

Thanks anyway!

Comment

Working...
          X