Facebook, Twitter, Blog, Help!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facebook, Twitter, Blog, Help!!!!!

I didn't think I was a technology idiot, but I am not sure how to accomplish what I want. Maybe I am just getting old

I currently have a blog for my company (not through 3d) and then use Feedburner to pull posts on this to a news section on my home page.

I also have a Facebook page for my company, with the FB store, etc.

I do have a personal Twitter account, but have never used it. I am a little confused on what is different between FB and Twitter, they seem like the same thing.

Anyway, what I would like is for there to be ONE place where we post news tidbits and this goes to FB, a blog, the site news and I guess Twitter if that is important too.

Any idea how I accomplish this?

Thanks,

DaveW

Twitter and facebook are both social networks. Some people are on facebook, some people are on twitter, some people are on both. They are different sites, but in the same category.

The most popular service to send updates to multiple sites at once is
    http://ping.fm/
    However, I doubt it will let you update your 3DCart site. It will let you update your blog, twitter, and facebook simultaneously though.

Comment

The biggest issue you'll have between the three different posting locations is the size limitations. In blogs, you can write full length articles. In Facebook, the initial posts are limited to about a paragraph or so. In Twitter, you're limited to 140 characters per posting. That's tiny compared to a blog. Not quite sure how you'll manage to do all three well with one posting.

Comment

Originally posted by piaf View Post
        The biggest issue you'll have between the three different posting locations is the size limitations. In blogs, you can write full length articles. In Facebook, the initial posts are limited to about a paragraph or so. In Twitter, you're limited to 140 characters per posting. That's tiny compared to a blog. Not quite sure how you'll manage to do all three well with one posting.
        Excellent point which kind of blows my whole concept out of the water. :)

DaveW

Comment

Yeah, sorry to be the buzzkill on that, but I do love the idea. Just wish it were more feasible. :(

Comment

Working...
          X